Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: compression, along with copmressing album art (Read 2046 times) previous topic - next topic

compression, along with copmressing album art

I was wondering, is there any way that while compressing lossless files to ogg vorbis or mp3's or whatever lossy file format, there is a program that could also simultaneously compress the album art?  I keep all my music files in lossless when available and tag high resolution images for album art, but when I add them to my mobile, it can't hold all of the information so I compress to ogg vorbis.  however, it doesn't compress the images contained in the album art as well.  I'd like to be able to compress down to about 300 x 300 pixels, or some maximum file size.  does anybody know how to do this en masse?

compression, along with copmressing album art

Reply #1
It doesn't appear there is a way to do this automatically in foobar. You would need to downsize the image in an image editor, then adding the smaller image into the compressed files. Maybe there's a plugin or something I'm not aware of,  so maybe wait for more replies.

This is the reason I personally do not use embedded album art - 10 or 20 copies of the cover per album seems like a huge inefficiency to me. While having a 1"x1" thumbnail on my portable player would be nice eye candy, I'm not really looking at the player anyway, I'm listening to it. (At home I do look at the album art occasionally and foobar has me covered there)