Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_uie_lyrics3 (Read 880545 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1350
default is to change all invalid characters for filename to nuderscore, the conditions I put is to simply remove those characters for search. it depends on what you want to do with illegal characters in song title

sure i understand what you are doing, just i want to load the lrc files based on the audio filenames, not the metadata.
the vern sent me a message and says he thinks he has fixed the issue, so maybe it was a bug, and that it should have been working for me... or maybe i was simply using the program wrong ha, we'll see

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1351
If a preferred version of the lyrics is found, I'd like it autosaved to the tag, overwriting the current tag contents (e.g. unsynced lyrics are embedded in the tag, but upon playing the song, synced lyrics are found; the synced lyrics would be automatically written to the tag).

I'd also like selected versions of lyrics saved to the tag automatically - e.g. when Next Lyrics or Lyrics Search → select → Load are selected.

Thanks for this component!

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1352
Every time I make a change like syncing some lyrics and press OK the work is just gone and doesn't get saved even though it supposed to be saved to the tag.
Auto save is on. using version 0.4.4
I don't know what more I can do to make it save?

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1353
@aeidein:
It already does half of what you are asking. It will save a lyric if it matches your preferred type of lyric e.g. you prefer synced lyrics and have a non-synced saved in the tag, if the search finds a synced lyric it will save it (overwriting if necessary). The same goes for the lyric search dialogue - it will only overwrite a lyric if it's a 'better' match (i.e. synced or not). If you're trying to replace a synced lyric with another synced lyric you will have to right click the panel and click save (which will always overwrite anything that's present).

@gorkha:
It's working fine here - do the changes you are making appear in the panel before you change the track?

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1354
@aeidein:
It already does half of what you are asking. It will save a lyric if it matches your preferred type of lyric e.g. you prefer synced lyrics and have a non-synced saved in the tag, if the search finds a synced lyric it will save it (overwriting if necessary). The same goes for the lyric search dialogue - it will only overwrite a lyric if it's a 'better' match (i.e. synced or not). If you're trying to replace a synced lyric with another synced lyric you will have to right click the panel and click save (which will always overwrite anything that's present).

@gorkha:
It's working fine here - do the changes you are making appear in the panel before you change the track?

yes, the changes appears in the panel.
I think the file might have been in use by another program - but no warnings

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1355
@aeidein:

@gorkha:

I must have misunderstood "Note: The automatic save will not overwrite existing lyrics."  Thanks.

As for the second part, I'd love an option to save automatically when loaded (even overwriting pre-existing lyrics) - often the wrong lyrics will come up, and having to save the lyrics after another one is loaded / Next Lyrics is selected adds an extra step.  Perhaps a "Save & Close" button in the Lyrics Search dialog would help?

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1356
Hi, I love lyric show 3, i've been using it for quite some time now. I noticed that at some point, a small bug seems to have snuck in. I was using a version from 2013-03-05 or earlier (that's the date of the last of my saved lyrics) and just updated to the latest version; 0.4.4. Running Win7 x64.

The Save Method 'user defined dir' doesn't seem to work. When I use "C:\Program Files (x86)\foobar2000\lyrics\[%artist%-][%album%]\"* as custom directory and "[%tracknumber%-][%title%]" for Filename, nothing gets saved. Moving "[%artist%-][%album%]\" to the filename doesn't work here.
When I switch to 'Save to configuration folder' (which is the same folder) and use "[%artist%-][%album%]\[%tracknumber%-][%title%]" for filename, it does get saved.

So, no big deal for me (I've even been not saving lyrics for a year and didnt notice! ), since it works, but I thought I'd post it.

* Copy-pasted the dir from my explorer to rule out a typo.

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1357
Hi, I think this is a really great plugin, and I am sure I will enjoy using it, but I was wondering if there is any way to disable the auto search/download of lyrics from the internet? I can remove all online sources in preferences, but then if I do want lyrics from the internet I need to manually re-enable them. What would be really neat is if I could leave the online sources there, and just set it to only search when I prompt it to (like through right click->search for lyric..).
Is there anyway to do this currently? If not, is there a possibility of it in the future?
Thank you for your hard work

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1358
Hi, I think this is a really great plugin, and I am sure I will enjoy using it, but I was wondering if there is any way to disable the auto search/download of lyrics from the internet? I can remove all online sources in preferences, but then if I do want lyrics from the internet I need to manually re-enable them. What would be really neat is if I could leave the online sources there, and just set it to only search when I prompt it to (like through right click->search for lyric..).
Is there anyway to do this currently? If not, is there a possibility of it in the future?
Thank you for your hard work

i would like to see this option too

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1359
Hi, I'm a begginer in lyrics show.

I suggest these new functionalities to improve it:

1) Create an criteria tab to avoid download lyrics according user options (Ex: tag=instrumental, artist, title ...).
2) In tab lyric search allow modify order of available sources list (buttons up, down)
3) Lyrics Saving: Save in txt or lrc extension
4) Lyrics edited/created by user could be optionally uploaded to some remote database

Well, that's all folks!

singing the beauty of being an eternal learner (Gonzaguinha)

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1360
@PeteSapai:
That's because you've got a trailing slash in your file path. I've fixed it on my version, but you can just remove it in your preferences as a quick fix.

@gwarah:
1) This doesn't exist at present and is unlikely to happen very soon (due to my time constraints)
2) Have you checked the preferences page?
3) This is done automatically depending on whether the lyric is timestamped or not (although I am aware of a bug involving copy and pasted lyrics in the editor)
4) Too much effort

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1361
1) Create an criteria tab to avoid download lyrics according user options (Ex: tag=instrumental, artist, title ...).

I hope this function could be implemented, if Vern's time permited.
Instrumental tracks and BGMs are always matched with irrelavent lyrics.
Maybe create a rule that a lyric will only be downloaded when there is an exact match (both artists and title are matched).

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1362
Do have a option to avoid automatically search?

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1363
Not displaying or even finding lyrics that are on the site it suppose to be displaying from. Example: http://lyrics.wikia.com/Kevin_Matisyn:Saw_Red does not display and also is not found when I click the search button.

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1365
Again.
The search does not show results from Timestamped 3.

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1366
There are problemas again with the minilyrics timestamped search (Probably because minilyrcs was changing some things), I don't know exactly which problem is causing this issue

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1367
Evening all, i've been getting this error since the last update, it doesn't happen all the time.

Code: [Select]
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
<result errmsg="Search ID or Code error!" errcode="32006"></result>

Any one knows what might be causing this issue? This happens with the automatically search, with manual search (ie. "Next lyrics") it doesn't.

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1368
Evening all, i've been getting this error since the last update, it doesn't happen all the time.

Any one knows what might be causing this issue? This happens with the automatically search, with manual search (ie. "Next lyrics") it doesn't.

How to do "manual search"?

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1370
Timestamped 3 doesn't work , why ?

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1371

How to do "manual search"?

Right-Click on the lyric screen and choose "Next Lyrics" (by automatic search, i meant the initial search that it does once you start playing the song) or you can use the "Lyric Search" function to get lyrics.

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1372
I have same error with new version 0.4.4 :

*This also happen with previous version..

Edit:
Found what causes this, when i remove: ''Online DB: lyrics.mirkforce.net''
All is ok..

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1373

OK, so regarding this issue, it was related to "Online DB: Timestamped 2"

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1374

OK, so regarding this issue, it was related to "Online DB: Timestamped 2"

I've got this problem as well. It does however happen with manual search as well, if I choose lyrics from "Timestamped 2". What is "Timestamped 2" anyway? I mean what is the online source for that scraper? What db/webpage is it?