Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Replaygain settings per folder (Read 1821 times) previous topic - next topic

Replaygain settings per folder

Hello all!

I have one question (and proposal) for possible situation.

I have more than few compilation folders where I put different music from different albums, and then playing them back. I would like to automatically turn on track-based replay gain and set boost gain when I load that folder into foobar. For this to be achieved, I have one possible solution - manually create a file in the folder, text, for example, rgain.set, and inside that file would be information for replaygain configuration of foobar2000 player:

sourcemode=track,album
processing=applygain,applygainpeak,preventclip
preamp=+6dB

(for example).

This file, when found in folder when adding files to playlist, would override current RG configuration and be applied to files in that folder by default. Manual change could be possible, this would just load 'default' configuration for that folder.
Is this possible to do, and is there interest for that? I am very interested :)
Error 404; signature server not available.

Re: Replaygain settings per folder

Reply #2
Remove album gain tags from these files.

I am not always using replaygain - only on personal compilation folders... why folders, it's easier for me to sync them with my mobile phone - but I also listen to them at home or at work. I need (hehe) a way to automatically turn it on and apply to playlist.
Error 404; signature server not available.

Re: Replaygain settings per folder

Reply #3
i'd use replaygain override component, set repeat playlist to use track gain and set repeat playlist when using these folders. workaround.