Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Native DSD setup in Foobar2K (Read 2737 times) previous topic - next topic

Native DSD setup in Foobar2K

My DAC can support the native DSD.
I installed ASIO and foo-input-sacd-1.0.8 components.

How can I set up Foobar 2K for the native DSD (not for DoP)?

Re: Native DSD setup in Foobar2K

Reply #1
Why?  DoP is lossless and delivers the same bits as native DSD...  If your dac accepts DoP your good.

Reply #2
My DAC cannot play DSD256 with DoP.
Only the native mode can play DSD 256.

Reply #3
Were getting close to the HA's TOS #8, but quad rate DSD isn't all that common and, at least in theory, has passed the point of improvements from higher sample rates: as the sample rate goes up the S/N indeed gets better, but the noise added by jitter also increases and somewhere just above double rate DSD that jitter is adding more noise than the increasing sample rate is getting rid of.

To the best of my knowledge with the current foo_input_sacd you can't do native at all.  But you can use it's DSD DSP to resample, say, all DSD above 128FS to 128FS and leave everything else alone.

There are a few older versions of foo_input_sacd (perhaps 1.0.0 or 1.0.1 and a few below that) that do native DSD, but there were bugs and it didn't work out (I don't know why, but DoP is good enough for me.)

Reply #4
DSD native con be done with either foo_dsd_asio proxy or the newer DSDTranscoder components that can be downloaded from the same place as the SACD Plugin.
For instructions on how to set it up Google Foobar for dummies and you'll find a step by step guide.

Reply #5
Thanks.  That's a great resource and I didn't know about the (relatively new) DSDTranscoder.  I hope whom ever did those pages somehow finds to the time to keep them updated.

Reply #6
They do indeed keep them updated... ;)