Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Foo_uie_albumart (Read 1106271 times) previous topic - next topic

Foo_uie_albumart

Reply #500
Great  Now it is very easy  and wroks wonderful but u write
Cycling is only done between filename-formattings without a '-' in front
so it's also clear but you dont give any clue how to do slideshow exept this that i cant use '-' in front. Maybe somthing more ??
Please help me  I am not very good ;( in write strings
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=273784"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Actually, you can't realize an automatic slideshow at the moment, i think. All my attempt to evaluate playtime in my sources list failed, which might be related to the actual time foo_albumart is evaluating the sources list. The mentioned cycling is done manually with either the context menu or functions you can assign to left/midlle or double click in side the settings dialog.

But you can do things like changing the displayed picture on every song, e.g. displaying front-cover on all odd-imaes and back-cover on the even ones. If you look a bit further above, I've posted a string that can do this on Feb. 13th 8:42. Look for the "$ifequal($mod" part of the first source-string I had posted.

I hope, this was of any help.

By the way, I'm still looking for a neat way to display pictures residing in the partent directory (without the need to name the current directory correctly). Anyone any suggestions?

Regards,
Andreas

Foo_uie_albumart

Reply #501
Rexy, great plugin, thanks for the hard work. 

A few pages back in this thread there was talk about reading the album art from the MP3/ID3v2 tags... how's this coming?  Is it still on the list?

I just switched over from iTunes (what a huge improvement), but now I have 3000 album covers all inaccessible... so being able to read them from the ID3v2 would be a HUGE help.

Thanks!

Foo_uie_albumart

Reply #502

A few pages back in this thread there was talk about reading the album art from the MP3/ID3v2 tags... how's this coming?  Is it still on the list?

I just switched over from iTunes (what a huge improvement), but now I have 3000 album covers all inaccessible... so being able to read them from the ID3v2 would be a HUGE help.

Thanks!
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=273867"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Be careful if you're planning to do any retagging of your song files with Foobar.  I've heard it can result in the loss of your cover art tags.  (something like that... do look around in the forums or wait until someone who's sure of what happens replies though)

Foo_uie_albumart

Reply #503

Thanks!
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=273867"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Be careful if you're planning to do any retagging of your song files with Foobar.  I've heard it can result in the loss of your cover art tags.  (something like that... do look around in the forums or wait until someone who's sure of what happens replies though)
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=273880"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Thanks for the warning, but I'm still experimenting, so I'm only working with _copies_ of a small subset of my library.  WAY too much work went into this to take any chances.

What about ID3v2 support for album cover pictures?  Is it indeed still in the works or done?

Foo_uie_albumart

Reply #504
By the way, I'm still looking for a neat way to display pictures residing in the partent directory (without the need to name the current directory correctly). Anyone any suggestions?

Regards,
Andreas
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=273847"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I did a little experimenting with this.  I think I found that two consecutive backslashes in the path are treated as one backslash (ie, "C:\Music\\Artist\" is treated like "C:\Music\Artist\").  With that in mind, I use:

Code: [Select]
$replace(%_path%,%_filename_ext%,,$directory(%_path%),)Folder.jpg

I guess you can extend that to go up more levels if you wanted.  Enjoy.

Foo_uie_albumart

Reply #505

Regards,
Andreas
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=273847"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I did a little experimenting with this.  I think I found that two consecutive backslashes in the path are treated as one backslash (ie, "C:\Music\\Artist\" is treated like "C:\Music\Artist\").  With that in mind, I use:

$replace(%_path%,%_filename_ext%,,$directory(%_path%),)Folder.jpg

I guess you can extend that to go up more levels if you wanted.  Enjoy.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=273962"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Thanks a lot really. I was experimenting for a long time, and found no suitable solution. I was sure, I had overlooked something, and you showed to me, I was right.
Very nice solution, which works perfectly (even with matching and regardless of directory naming schemes). Thanks.

Now, at least for me, there's no real need for relative filepaths anymore...

Regards,
Andreas

Foo_uie_albumart

Reply #506
Btw: Here is the string I use to show an image from the parent directory (only for multi disc albums):
match:$replace(%_path%,$if(%disc%,%_directoryname%'\')%_filename_ext%,)**folder.jpg
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=273110"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Thanks, I'll try this. Correct me, if I'm wrong, this works only, but at a first glance, it looks to me, if it works only in the case, that the current directory is name exactly as the album. Which is not the case here, because my album directories do contain a date string. But nevertheless, I'll give it a try and thanks for your effort.[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=273128"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Not that it matters now, as gfngfgf has provided you with a line of code that works, but just to clarify.
The code I gave you does not require the directory to be named exactly as the album. %_directoryname% gives you the name of the current directory, no matter what it's called. So, as I said when I posted that code, it's made for my multidisc albums. Meaning, you would have to remove the %disc% part to make it work for you. Turning it into e.g.:
$replace(%_path%,%_directoryname%'\'%_filename_ext%,)Folder.jpg

Foo_uie_albumart

Reply #507
[span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%']rexy: You should say in the original post that people need to have the latest version of UI columns.

I wasted a lot of time trying to figure out how to turn this thing on in the sidebar because I had an older alpha version of UI Columns.[/span]

Foo_uie_albumart

Reply #508
It's only me, or using this plugin (v0.045) is impossible to move/delete/rename the album folder if you don't exit from foobar?
I tried going to another album, removing the playlist from foobar, removing the album art panel ... nothing.
I don't think this is a needed feauture... or is due to some M$ Windows llimitation?
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=273145"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I confirm, this is due only to this plugin, from the 2-3 latest update.
Nobody will fix this problem? 

Foo_uie_albumart

Reply #509
Here's an albumart related question:

How does one assign album art to an audio CD in foobar?  Is it posible?

I've tried, and I can't seem to find out how to do it.

Foo_uie_albumart

Reply #510

I've tried, and I can't seem to find out how to do it.[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=274876"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

$if($stricmp($left(%_path%,5),cdda:),path_of_audio_cd_cover_here)
f to c to f to c

Foo_uie_albumart

Reply #511

I've tried, and I can't seem to find out how to do it.[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=274876"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

$if($stricmp($left(%_path%,5),cdda:),path_of_audio_cd_cover_here)

[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=274878"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

:-)  Thanks!

Now how do you assign a path?  I'd like to set it up so my cover art goes to:  /playlists/Albums/(Artist)/(Album Title)/folder.jpg.

Foo_uie_albumart

Reply #512
It's only me, or using this plugin (v0.045) is impossible to move/delete/rename the album folder if you don't exit from foobar?
I tried going to another album, removing the playlist from foobar, removing the album art panel ... nothing.
I don't think this is a needed feauture... or is due to some M$ Windows llimitation?

Yes, the same is happening to me.
I think it's a bug, due to the locking of the cover file...

Foo_uie_albumart

Reply #513
I just read through all the pages and didn't see this addressed: when shuffling through my playlist, album art will revert back to some other album cover between tracks. This happens whether or not i have that "revert back to" box checked.

thanks a TON for this, rexy

Foo_uie_albumart

Reply #515
I think this might be useful for displaying id3v2 embedded art
http://id3lib.sourceforge.net/
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=275575"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Yes, please, embedded ID3V2 art!

Foo_uie_albumart

Reply #516
I think this might be useful for displaying id3v2 embedded art
http://id3lib.sourceforge.net/
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=275575"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

No need.  Foobar has its own API for manipulating tags.  Besides, this would only work for ID3v2.  Either way, I don't think this will be implemented, for reasons already explained earlier.

Foo_uie_albumart

Reply #517
I dont understand why even with id3v2 tag support foobar removes the embedded art from files as embedded art is a part of the id3v2 spec (http://www.id3.org/). This behavior of removing tags and writing them is also quite strange because no other players seem to do this AFAIK. Look at itunes, WMP, Winamp etc.

Foo_uie_albumart

Reply #518
Is it possible to roll these three lines into one.

E:\Music\Album Art\$replace(%album artist% - %album%,:,-).jpg
E:\Music\Album Art\$replace(%album artist% - %album%,?,).jpg
E:\Music\Album Art\$replace(%album artist% - %album%,/,-).jpg

Foo_uie_albumart

Reply #519
Is it possible to roll these three lines into one.

E:\Music\Album Art\$replace(%album artist% - %album%,:,-).jpg
E:\Music\Album Art\$replace(%album artist% - %album%,?,).jpg
E:\Music\Album Art\$replace(%album artist% - %album%,/,-).jpg

[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=275810"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Yes.  You can have multiple arguments for the replace command, like so:

E:\Music\Album Art\$replace(%album artist% - %album%,:,-,?,,/,-).jpg

Foo_uie_albumart

Reply #521
I dont understand why even with id3v2 tag support foobar removes the embedded art from files as embedded art is a part of the id3v2 spec (http://www.id3.org/). This behavior of removing tags and writing them is also quite strange because no other players seem to do this AFAIK. Look at itunes, WMP, Winamp etc.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=275725"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Yeah, I think you've nailed it.  It's "just weird."  I know there are some well-known ID3v2 issues in foobar, and this is probably one of them.

Foo_uie_albumart

Reply #522

Yes, the same is happening to me.
I think it's a bug, due to the locking of the cover file...
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=275049"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Same happens here. I think this came up with my last albumart update to 0.045 (including album list). I personally don't think, that it's related to albumart itself, because it hapens to folders with no cover art, too. Could it be the new albumlist? Another thing I noticed:
This happens after tagging files with freedb. After tagging, I'm no longer able to change the folder containing those songs until I shut down foobar. Since I haven't done any changes to my freedb stuff, I'm a bit puzzled.

Regards,
Andreas

Foo_uie_albumart

Reply #523
Where is the id3v2 support in foobar for getting cover images? there is some tag reading support in there, but I couldnt see anything relating to getting cover images from id3v2.

With regards to the relative folder.jpg stuff, in Toaster I use:

$left(%_path%,$strrchr(%_path%,'\'))folder.jpg

which might be better than what your'e using? I also use:

$left(%_path%,$strrchr(%_path%,'\'))..\folder.jpg

to get album art from the parent directory. (.. is the parent directory in most filesystems).

Also, Ive been thinking about getting file images using fb2k's filesytem abstraction so you can get images from archives etc. It wouldnt be too difiicult as I already have the code for creating a GDI+ image from a void* for the id3v2 image stuff.

Foo_uie_albumart

Reply #524
Where is the id3v2 support in foobar for getting cover images? there is some tag reading support in there, but I couldnt see anything relating to getting cover images from id3v2.[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=275989"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
You cannot retrieve binary data using the tag support in foobar2000.