Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: linux user's forum? (Read 27741 times) previous topic - next topic

linux user's forum?

Reply #50
This would be a great place to have a dedicated linux section. Many people are searching for help right now on the general linux forums so this could pull focus to this great board.

Laters
Sure, that is a strong argument!
Sorry for my poor English, I'm trying to get better... ;)
"The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled, was convincing the world he didn't exist."

linux user's forum?

Reply #51
Just ask your questions here in General Audio or something. There's really no sense adding another sub-forum that's rarely used.

If you want to show how much traffic there would be, start each Linux-related topic with [Linux]. If you Linux-users show that there is enough content to populate a forum with, I'll personally clean up the titles and move it all over there.

It appears that there is just not enough of a userbase, however.

linux user's forum?

Reply #52
this is what happened last time...

there just wasn't that much traffic in the subforum and it was removed. however, imho it was extremely useful... which begs the question > why make a subforum? for quantity or quality control?

if the subforum was even "non-windows" i think it would prove the most useful.

later

linux user's forum?

Reply #53
There just wasn't that much traffic in the subforum and it was removed

You want to know what the sad thing is? I never even saw it. That's how quickly it was removed. 
budding I.T professional