Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: DarkOne (Read 212773 times) previous topic - next topic

DarkOne

Reply #100
Interested in trying this out, but the TrackInfo Mod link does not appear to be working.

Edit: found it at http://fb2k.org/show.php?id=160

DarkOne

Reply #101
The link provided in the first post works.
(You have to scroll down the page and click on "Save file to your PC: click here")

DarkOne

Reply #102
Great great config!  I just found this one a few days ago and have installed 1.4.1 into a fresh Foobar installation.

Looks good and all that.

Question though... is there a button or menu item somewhere in the config to trigger a rescan of the Library ?  I'd used other configs where this was available and find myself having to delete my library directory from the Prefs panel and add it new when I change file tags.

Thanks!

DarkOne

Reply #103
In foobar2000 0.9.6.x there is no need for rescan the library since it automatically keeps track of any changes made to its folders now.
You should update to 0.9.6.x

DarkOne

Reply #104
Thanks tedgo.  I did upgrade to 0.9.6.3 as part of my recent use of the DarkOne config.  That explains why I can't find the 'rescan' button.

In foobar2000 0.9.6.x there is no need for rescan the library since it automatically keeps track of any changes made to its folders now.
You should update to 0.9.6.x

DarkOne

Reply #105
What a wonderfull config you made Tedgo! Congrats!

Everything fine with 0.9.6.3.

May I ask you to look after a way to make 'invisible' the scrollbar both in Album List Panel & Items Details Panel (tabs). That would be more of an 'immersion' I think.

I got only one problem (not important) : In the playlist (ELP), the song playing is not caracterized by the little blinking 'note' on the left. I got a square instead. Any idea (i got the right font)?

Tanx for your attention.

DarkOne

Reply #106
Hiding the scrollbars is not as easy because the panels you mentioned are integrated in a tabbed panel stack mod and not in a panel stack splitter. There's no chance to hide the scrollbars except placing the whole tabbed panel stack mod in width as followed: $add(%_width%,18).
But this would cause that all integrated panels on the right side wouldn't be placed in the centre of the right panel...

The blinking note:
I encountered that many users have problems getting the blinking note to work.
Try changing the font from Tahoma to Arial Unicode MS.
Tahoma hasn't the note in its charset by default, but as it is the default font on windows xp it "leans" it from an existing charset (at least on xp).
I'll change the font by default in a next release in the future.

DarkOne

Reply #107
tengo thank you very much for your wonderful config.!! Really very beautiful and practical! I have one "request" for a future release: Can you add an option for displaying a Graphical Browser panel? This would be very nice.
Thank you again for your effords!

DarkOne

Reply #108
This option is already possible...
Just add the graphical browser panel to the tabs as described in the user guide (chapter 3.13).
I can't help you configuring graphical browser since i never used it (i only use embedded album art in my files but graphical browser doesn't work with).

DarkOne

Reply #109
ATTENTION!
For all users who wants to use the new Panel Stack Splitter 0.3.6.3alpha:
Something has changed in this splitter, that causes the button to call the "Normal mode" or the "Compact mode" doesn't work as intended!

I updated the download to work with both splitters (0.3.6.2 and 0.3.6.3).

For those who have still made their own modifications and don't want to update the fcl only for that purpose, here is a workaround to get the previous downloaded fcl to work correctly:
Go to the "compact mode" --> right-click on the "NORM" button --> Splitter Settings --> Script --> scroll down to the line:
$textbutton($sub(%_width%,37),5,$gettextwidth(NORM),12,NORM,NORM,WINDOWSIZE:$get(resize);COMMAND:View/Layout/DarkOne v1.4.2;REFRESH,fontcolor:63-100-127,fontcolor:191-228-255)
and change it to:
$textbutton($sub(%_width%,37),5,$gettextwidth(NORM),12,NORM,NORM,COMMAND:View/Layout/DarkOne v1.4.2;WINDOWSIZE:$get(resize);REFRESH,fontcolor:63-100-127,fontcolor:191-228-255)

The same has to be made with the button that switches from the "Normal mode" to the "Compact mode".
Right-click on one of the VOLUME-buttons in normal mode --> Splitter settings --> Script, scroll down to:
$imagebutton(43,53,16,24,$get(buttons)MiniMode.png,$get(buttons)MiniModeMH.png,WINDOWSIZE:384:236;COMMAND:View/Layout/DarkOne v1.4.2 Compact;REFRESH,,)
and replace it with:
$imagebutton(43,53,16,24,$get(buttons)MiniMode.png,$get(buttons)MiniModeMH.png,COMMAND:View/Layout/DarkOne v1.4.2 Compact;WINDOWSIZE:384:236;REFRESH,,)

(Only WINDOWSIZE has to be written behind COMMAND now).

DarkOne

Reply #110
Hiding the scrollbars is not as easy because the panels you mentioned are integrated in a tabbed panel stack mod and not in a panel stack splitter. There's no chance to hide the scrollbars except placing the whole tabbed panel stack mod in width as followed: $add(%_width%,18).
But this would cause that all integrated panels on the right side wouldn't be placed in the centre of the right panel...

The blinking note:
I encountered that many users have problems getting the blinking note to work.
Try changing the font from Tahoma to Arial Unicode MS.
Tahoma hasn't the note in its charset by default, but as it is the default font on windows xp it "leans" it from an existing charset (at least on xp).
I'll change the font by default in a next release in the future.

Tx for your reply Tedgo. I understand what you mean, I tried to figure out something out of the code but in vain

For the blinking note, problem still present even if i change the font... that's weird. But not that mush annoying, i'll wait next release.

Question : I find the part in the code but how is it possible to hide the ////// Artist Picture Layer under the ELPlaylist //////? Maybe it would be interesting to add an option to make it possible (or at least explain it in your guide). Siply remove that part of the code should work?

Tx again

H.W

DarkOne

Reply #111
Why you want to hide the artist picture?
There is no need for an option because if you don't specify the artist picture path in the extended variables, artist pictures just won't be shown

You can delete the part of the code of course, but if you want to display artist pictures in the future you'll need to write the code again...

Regarding the unicode chars:
Have you switched to the NG Playlist (the middle of the three buttons on the right side above the playlist)?
Have you stars in it or just squares?

If only squares, it seems that you haven't enabled unicode support in your OS.
Should be enabled on vista by default to my knowledge...
If you use xp, please read this:
http://www.azhagi.com/uniset.html
or
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Ena...and_Server_2003

Maybe it helps

DarkOne

Reply #112
In fact I'd like to hide artist picture under/behind the ELP but not in the big picture Album Artwork/Artist Picture 'panel'. So 'exvar' does not fit my will.

The reason is just a question of lisibility for me so I was trying to find out a solution without losing the big picture feature. Also with some of my artist pic it doesn't fit perfectly the picture square under EPLplaylist so as a perfectionnist you know...

For now, I saved the script on a text file so no problem rewriting the code . I was only asking if there was another possibilty doing that with your config.

For the blinking note, no change. I re-verify the complex langage option (was ticked yet) but still square both in ng and elp (unicode is installed, tried with tahoma and other fonts,...). Probably a problem from my computer.

DarkOne

Reply #113
Have you tried to change the font style to "Arial Unicode MS"?

To hide the artist picture layer under the ELPlaylist only you can go to:
Right-click on ELPlaylist --> Settings --> style tab --> deactivate "pseudo-transparent" and activate "total" below "custom background colour".
The correct background colour should have been predefined, if not click on the "..." button right besides the "total" and change it to R:19,G:30,B:38.

DarkOne

Reply #114
Have you tried to change the font style to "Arial Unicode MS"?

To hide the artist picture layer under the ELPlaylist only you can go to:
Right-click on ELPlaylist --> Settings --> style tab --> deactivate "pseudo-transparent" and activate "total" below "custom background colour".
The correct background colour should have been predefined, if not click on the "..." button right besides the "total" and change it to R:19,G:30,B:38.

Tx for the tip. Help me comprehend foobar a bit more  It works better without cutting the code.

For the font style, already tried Arial Unicode MS and some other fonts : the font changes but still got the square.
Anyone else has the same problem (if you read us)? Not a big deal for me but maybe it'll helps anyone with the same problem.

DarkOne

Reply #115
I don't meant "@Arial Unicode MS" but "Arial Unicode MS".
Some made this mistake, maybe you too?

I don't understand why it doesn't work if you have unicode support enabled as described in the links i posted you.
All others who had this problem could solve it with enabling unicode support...

DarkOne

Reply #116
I don't meant "@Arial Unicode MS" but "Arial Unicode MS".
Some made this mistake, maybe you too?

What do you mean by the "@"?

I already solved this problem with an old foobar config but with darkone it seems my cumputer missed something. I made all the checks I know but nothing... as you said it's weird.

DarkOne

Reply #117
Really strange...
Have you took a look in the old config, which fonts are used there?
And tried these in DarkOne?

I have checked my strings and settings in DarkOne and couldn't find anything that could cause a "unicode-denial"

With the "@":
Arial Unicode MS shows up twice in the fonts.
Once as "Arial Unicode MS", which has the needed chars and once as "@Arial Unicode MS" which hasn't the chars.

DarkOne

Reply #118
Old config erased. Maybe I'll try it back if my problem persists, by curiosity.
When I find the solution, i'll tell you.

Very weird. Thank you for your concern anyway. Maybe next release will change something even if i know it's my computer who has a problem (i'm under XP SP3 for info).

So, patience

DarkOne

Reply #119
I'm on windows xp sp3 too and Tahoma MUST work well on it, since it is the standard font.
So i guess your unicode support isn't enabled.
Have you restarted your computer after enabling it?

Maybe you haven't any unicode font installed (or a corrupted "Arial Unicode MS")?
So you should install the fonts for asian languages too (i know that for instance "Dotum" font has stars and notes).

DarkOne

Reply #120
  Re-install of foobar +  darkone and it works...

But it works with Arial Unicode MS but not Tahoma. I finally got 'the' blinking note.

As far as I remember this is not the first time this happens to me with foobar. But still no answer to this weird comportement.

DarkOne

Reply #121
But it works with Arial Unicode MS but not Tahoma. I finally got 'the' blinking note.

Its really weird...
On Win XP Tahoma should work as well as Microsoft Sans Serif...

DarkOne

Reply #122
tedgo,
can you upload your font file?
Cause I (as we already talked about it) don't have note sign it in Tahoma (so I use ariel)?

P.s.
f only squares, it seems that you haven't enabled unicode support in your OS.
Should be enabled on vista by default to my knowledge...
If you use xp, please read this:
http://www.azhagi.com/uniset.html

I have this option enabled by default (for Hebrew language) and it doesn't add note sign to the Tahoma font.

DarkOne

Reply #123
I'll change this with an image in the next build.
I can't upload Tahoma font, since its copyrighted material...
Use "Arial Unicode MS" instead 'til my next build is up (will last some time though...)

DarkOne

Reply #124
I've used your config for a couple of weeks now, and I absolutely love it! I managed to set everything up perfectly, even with a personal touch, but there's one thing I can't get working.

Does the image in the popup have to be the same used as background for the playlist? I'm not sure how to define the path to make the playlist show a custom artist image while the popup shows the folder image.

As of now, my folder images are named "folder.jpg" and my artist images "artistname.jpg". I'd like to keep the artist image in the artist folder, and the folder image in the album folder. Pure and simple.

I know this can be fixed in the extended variables somehow, but I've tried so many different strings now and it's a no go