Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: NEncode no longer working? (Read 3517 times) previous topic - next topic

NEncode no longer working?

It was working for me, until last night, when I upgraded all the DLL's out of the latest version of Nero 6. I now get a general error when running it ("nencode.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close.") -- looking at the error signature, it shows ModName of "kernel32.dll", and has a full dump report, which is quite large.

Anyone else had this problem and know of a way to fix it, short of going back to older Nero DLLs? Is NEncode being actively developed any further? Thanks.

File Versions:

AAC.dll  2.5.9.5
AACEnc32.dll    2.6.2.0
AACMP32.dll    1.0.0.1
DefConvertor.dll  2.0.0.6
mfc71.dll  7.10.3077.0
msvcr71.dll  7.10.3052.4
NeroIPP.dll  1.0.0.3
wav.dll    2.0.0.7

Also, I purchased the Nero AAC encoder plugin for Nero 5.5 only a few months ago from the Ahead/Nero website; and now I can't even find a trace of it on their site! Is it being supported any longer? My understanding is that I just keep the same "NeroIPP.dll" (it's the license file?) and upgrade the other files using the latest Nero package, and that will keep my AAC encoder up to date?

Reply #1
You use an old NeroIPP.dll (1.0.0.3).
Latest Nero includes NeroIPP.dll 1.0.1.2

It might not change a thing, but worth a try! 

Solaris

Reply #2
Why was this moved to Foobar 3rd party plugins? It makes no sense!

In case some Moderator doesn't know: nEncode is a command line tool to access the Nero AAC encoding DLLs directly.

Reply #3
Why was this moved to Foobar 3rd party plugins? It makes no sense!

In case some Moderator doesn't know: nEncode is a command line tool to access the Nero AAC encoding DLLs directly.

That was my fault. I managed to confuse it with foo_nero.
Moved back.