Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: .m4a in WMP 11 (Read 5504 times) previous topic - next topic

.m4a in WMP 11

I generally use foobar for my audio playback, but I can't sleep so I started messing around with WMP 11 for fun. Most of my audio collection is in .m4a format that I ripped myself. By installing ffdshow I'm able to get WMP 11 to play mp4 files, but it won't seek. Any suggestions as to how to make this work? Or am I on a futile search?

edit: the seeking problem only happens with files if they are in the library - other files seek fine.

.m4a in WMP 11

Reply #1
edit: the seeking problem only happens with files if they are in the library - other files seek fine.

Then don't add them to the library, problem solved 

On a more serious note.. What mp4 parser filter are you using? (or does wmp11 actually natively support it?)
Vorbis-q0-lowpass99
lame3.93.1-q5-V9-k-nspsytune

.m4a in WMP 11

Reply #2

Then don't add them to the library, problem solved 

On a more serious note.. What mp4 parser filter are you using? (or does wmp11 actually natively support it?)

I've got an aac parser, an mp4 splitter and an mp4 demuxer registered. I installed them a while back so I don't remember exactly, but they are probably from rarewares and the Guliverkli project at sourceforge.

.m4a in WMP 11

Reply #3
For the MP4 container (as well as for all Matroska, AVI and OGG/OGM ones) you can't go wrong with Haali Media Splitter :-) !
Get it here: http://haali.cs.msu.ru/mkv/!
All my DirectShow players work perfectly with it.
WavPack 5.6.0 -b384hx6cmv / qaac64 2.80 -V 100

.m4a in WMP 11

Reply #4
I can seek .M4A AAC files without issues, as well as reading the tags thanks to WMPTSE.  I'm not on my main box, but I think it's one supplied by Nero.

.m4a in WMP 11

Reply #5
I can seek .M4A AAC files without issues, as well as reading the tags thanks to WMPTSE.  I'm not on my main box, but I think it's one supplied by Nero.

Found this on SourceForge:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/wmptagext/

Installed that and the Haali splitter as well and no go. I'm going to try to try unregistering the other filters I have and see if that helps.

edit: Haali splitter is working with ffdshow to decode the .m4a files. The tags don't seem to be read even though I've got the tag support installed. And I still can't seek if the .m4a is in the library. :/

edit2: the files wouldn't play without an aac parser installed. Would a faulty parser affect seeking? And why would it only be ones in the library?