Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Panels UI/Columns UI (Read 3444 times) previous topic - next topic

Panels UI/Columns UI

I have seen what panels ui can do in the various config threads and I am very impressed.  I have tried to switch to foobar several times and have gained minimal knowledge of columns ui.  I really like the interface of columns ui and have grown comfortable with it (first with iTunes then Foobar).  However, I also want to have more options with customizability and because of this I am wanting to try panels ui.  I have not seen any examples of panels ui with a columns ui playlist interface but I have heard it is possible.  What I want to know is if it is possible, how can it be done?  Any help would be great (a link to a post, wiki article, etc).

Thanks

Panels UI/Columns UI

Reply #1
Just to use a little more clear terminology: you are wanting to use PanelsUI (user interface) with the Columns' Playlist View.

It is certainly do-able.
To do so, you select PanelsUI as the interface, and use a $panel() command to generate the Columns Playlist view, as you would with any panel.

I will warn you that because PanelsUI is entirely code based it take much more work to generate a layout.
If you're ready to take the dive, you can start by reading the PanelsUI wiki article, and you might want to start by modding the simple, default.pui that Terrestrial created.
I would advise against trying to use someone else' .pui to learn from.
elevatorladylevitateme

Panels UI/Columns UI

Reply #2
I myself have the columns playlist in Panel ui.
shakey_snake is right.I think you should first understand how to use the trackinfo_mod. At least for me it was much easier to understand panel ui by have good knowledge of trackinfo_mod.