Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: It is possible ? (Read 2570 times) previous topic - next topic

It is possible ?

Hello!

I know this might sound strange , but I was looking for a plugging for foobar or a solution for my problem.

I want to get uncompressed sound(I want quality) from my soundcard(asus xonar d2) to my laptop trough a wireless nework. The uncompressed sound from my laptop I want to get it to passtrough spdif to my sound sistem(z5500) so that the z5500 should decode de sound. My laptop is in my bedroom with my sound sistem , and the other computer with the xonar d2 is in my living room. And I can't change the location of any of them.
If anyone has any ideea , please share, because I seached google, but I couldn't fiind anything relevant .

Thank you for your support ! 

Dorian.

It is possible ?

Reply #1
Uncompressed as in raw PCM? No, that would be stupid.

Using Specialized devices like a squeezebox can simply play a variety of formats via wireless.

However barring that, you're best bet is to:

1. Stream your music using a lossy stream with some sort of shoutcast software (lossy codecs are probably better than you think), or
2. Give yourself networked access to your files and use a sufficiently large playback buffer.
elevatorladylevitateme

It is possible ?

Reply #2
I want to get uncompressed sound(I want quality)...

You seem to be inferring that lossy encoded music will always sound inferior to lossless encoded music. This is totally untrue. Please read the Terms Of Service you personally agreed to when joining this forum (specifically TOS#8) before making any such inferences or claims without providing verifiable evidence to back up those claims.

Apologies if I seem to be jumping on you for this, but the rules are there to protect all who participate in the HA forums from errant nonsense spread by those who like to call themselves "audiophiles" when they quite clearly aren't. Other than that, enjoy your stay.

Cheers, Slipstreem. 

It is possible ?

Reply #3
my goal is to get the sound procesed by the xonar(I was thinking like a DD5.1 or DTS )  and delivered to the speakers...
I don't know if it really is possible, but I really need to know...

EDIT: I am not an audiophile... I was just curios to know if there is a solution, preferable with foobar... so I'm very sorry if I said something wrong...I'm not an expert

It is possible ?

Reply #4
my goal is to get the sound procesed by the xonar(I was thinking like a DD5.1 or DTS )  and delivered to the speakers...
I'd have to say no.
You best bet would be to run wires or TOSLink cables.
elevatorladylevitateme