Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Some of my albums show wrong embedded album art—removing does not work (Read 2654 times) previous topic - next topic

Some of my albums show wrong embedded album art—removing does not work

Hi.

I just recently moved from iTunes to MediaMonkey, and now to Foobar2000. Some of my albums have the wrong album art showing so I right click on the track and select to remove all images. But they're not removed..

If I select to show hidden files and go to the folder of the mp3, no images are there...so it has to be an embedded image. Why can't I delete those through foobar?

Reply #1
Is it in foobar2000 or in another software player that you are still seeing the images?  If another, which player is it?

It may be that image data is stored in your music file tags in a place where foobar2000 does not expect it.  Another tag editor may be able to find and remove it.  You may want to try Mp3tag as it is free, well supported and very easy to use.

Reply #2
Is it in foobar2000 or in another software player that you are still seeing the images?  If another, which player is it?

It may be that image data is stored in your music file tags in a place where foobar2000 does not expect it.  Another tag editor may be able to find and remove it.  You may want to try Mp3tag as it is free, well supported and very easy to use.

It is in foobar2000 that I'm still seeing the images yes. I haven't tried removing them with another software..

I mean, if foobar uses its own way of embedding/displaying art...what if I want to sue another player in the future? Why cna't every player just read it the same way?

Reply #4
Hmm...it appears that the folder.jpg's still won't show even thoguh I turn on "show hidden files" in folder settings.

Why is this? I can delete/display them through CMD.

Reply #5
Ah never mind, I had to uncheck hide system files as well. They're appearing now!