Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Sound card options (Read 1761 times) previous topic - next topic

Sound card options

Hi,

Recently I have looking for replacement sub/active monitors as I am moving to a dedicated room.  I have treated my room, but my new room is larger than the one before, so I am now looking for a sub/active monitor combo.

I'm interested some DSP monitors and sub that takes a single digital AES/EBU XLR input only and the monitors from the sub.  If I were to go this route it would surely be sensible to go the sound card route (may be a Lynx L22) as I would not be able to use the Benchmark DAC1 unless I converted the signal from the DAC1 into a digital signal - far too much processing.

So my questions are; can a sound card sound as good as my DAC1 which I really like for its honesty/transparency?  Is the Lynx L22 the 'ultimate' for a 2 channel sysytem or is there something else I should look into?

Many thanks,

Monty