Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: [Feature request] transcoding (Read 4750 times) previous topic - next topic

[Feature request] transcoding

Hi,

It would be great if the album cover could be copied during the transcode.
I tried different variants but it didn't copy them:
flac -> flac
flac-> tak
flac -> mp3 (lame)

Another but possibly more difficult request would be to make the user choose wich tags to copy.
So that the programm shows a list with the embeded tags of the files to trancode. Then the user could chose wich tag classes to copy. For example: TRACK, ALBUM, ARTIST, REPLAYGAIN_ALBUM_GAIN but not the YEAR tag.

I hope I could express what I meant.

greetings

Reply #1
Another but possibly more difficult request would be to make the user choose wich tags to copy.

Great request I think! That way, playback statistics or other "personal" stuff stored in tags could easily be stripped off when converting music for exporting purposes (like MP3-CDs for car). Defining a list of tags either to be included or excluded would offer some flexibility.

I never thought of that before, but now that I heard the idea it would be a nice (yet not crucial) feature to have.

Reply #2
Two good ideas!
Although the full album cover support (embed, delete, copy during transcoding) is already requested before but isn't mentioned on the feature proposal list (if i haven't overread it).

Reply #3
Any comments by the developers?