Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: EAC crashes with deletion of silent blocks (Read 5335 times) previous topic - next topic

EAC crashes with deletion of silent blocks

I use "delete leading and trailing silent blocks" when ripping to MP3 to compensate for lack of gapless playback on mobile devices. It's no good for mixed CDs, but that's another discussion...

Recently I found a specific track that would crash EAC every time with a "Unhandled exception at 0045DE27 -> ACCESS_VIOLATION" error message. (The crash has nothing to do with encoding, it happens also when ripping to wav.) I tried both the native Win2K and the VOB ASAPI interface, I tried two drives with different read features. I tried reinstalling the ASAPI interface, and toggled several different EAC settings, all to no avail.

Then, by chance, I ripped without deleting silence. It worked. I suspect it has something to do with the error correction that happens right at the end of the track. It doesn't handle deleting the data it just error-corrected, or something like that.

Reply #1
Perhaps it could have something to do with AccurateRip. I may try to reinstall EAC without it.

I suppose I should report this as a bug to Andre Wiethoff, but I don't know his private e-mail or any other suitable channel.

Reply #2
If you need tell him there are links on the EAC website, use the Contact or Forum button.

Reply #3
Is accuraterip deinstallable at all ?
You can easily deactivate accuraterip by renaming the related dll in the EAC directory (the one you copied during installing)
I know that I know nothing. But how can I then know that ?