Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Trackpad Gestures (Read 897 times) previous topic - next topic

Trackpad Gestures

First time using foobar2000. Starting to get the hang of it, but I haven’t been able to find how to disable trackpad gestures. Any help with this would be great.

Re: Trackpad Gestures

Reply #1
Bump.

Reply #2
I suppose I am actually interested in disabling the horizontal scroll feature that causes the current track to change to either the next or previous track. On my touchpad, whenever I try to scroll vertically, it is often misinterpreted as a horizontal scroll and I inadvertently change the song.

Reply #3
Which OS? Which hardware? Some trackpad gesture software reports horizontal scrolling as the mouse4/mouse5 forward/back buttons when there is no horizontal scrolling. The only way to disable this is to ignore mouse4/mouse5.

Reply #4
I’m running Arch Linux on a 2007 MacBook Pro.

Reply #5
Even further out of his control, since foobar2000 doesn't implement trackpad gestures for track skipping, or for anything else, for that matter. I did find that when my Linux desktop environment had horizontal scrolling enabled, and I did it on a Wine listview that had no horizontal scrollbar to speak of, it would instead send previous/next item (track, in this case) events to the player. You have to blame your desktop environment on this one.

Or foobar2000, for implementing mouse4/5 event handlers for track skipping.