Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Cannot get "Repeat: (track)" function to work for songs not in a playlist (Read 1125 times) previous topic - next topic

Cannot get "Repeat: (track)" function to work for songs not in a playlist

I'm trying to loop a single song over and over, and I assume that the function for that would be the "Repeat: (track)" option under "Order:", but doing that doesn't seem to do anything unless the song is a part of a playlist. Is this how it's supposed to work? Is there a way around it? Or do I just need to make a playlist for that one song.

Thanks!

Re: Cannot get "Repeat: (track)" function to work for songs not in a playlist

Reply #1
Are you using foobar on PC and which version?

Foobar is a playlist-based player in the first place, it only plays songs from a playlist. So yes, the song can be in any playlist, double-click it to play, and set order to Repeat (track).

Reply #2
Are you using foobar on PC and which version?

Foobar is a playlist-based player in the first place, it only plays songs from a playlist. So yes, the song can be in any playlist, double-click it to play, and set order to Repeat (track).

I'm on PC, and I'm not asking if it can be in a playlist. I don't want it in a playlist.

Reply #3
If you don't want it in a playlist maybe you want it in a auto playlist? Go to: Library - Search - then type ALL, and then in the right side you have 3 dots ... push those 3 dots - create auto playlist.
I think it's useful to have this auto playlist with all your music from library, anyway.
Now you can use Repeat track.
Otherwise, without using a playlist or auto playlist, it's not possible.

Reply #4
If you don't want it in a playlist maybe you want it in a auto playlist? Go to: Library - Search - then type ALL, and then in the right side you have 3 dots ... push those 3 dots - create auto playlist.
I think it's useful to have this auto playlist with all your music from library, anyway.
Now you can use Repeat track.
Otherwise, without using a playlist or auto playlist, it's not possible.

So I have to make a new playlist and delete it every time I want to play this song? Damn :/ Well thanks for the answer

Reply #5
So I have to make a new playlist and delete it every time I want to play this song?

You don't have to go through steps to create a new playlist.

If you have it in your media library, set it up to auto-create the Library Viewer Selection playlist. When you click a track or a selection of tracks in the library viewer, it/they will automatically show up in that playlist. Note, the playlist will change next time you select from library.

If instead you want to drag and drop from the Explorer folder, then a new playlist with that track will automatically be created (since some foobar version 1.xx).

I also find this component useful: https://www.foobar2000.org/components/view/foo_queuecontents . The playback queue will then behave like a playlist and can be edited.

Reply #6
So I have to make a new playlist and delete it every time I want to play this song? Damn :/ Well thanks for the answer
[/quote]
No, if your music is added to Library, you only do that once. Just don't delete that auto playlist.

Reply #7
You could do like me and keep an ever growing single playlist of random stuff you just added that one time. Playlist search will make it easy enough to find out if you have something already added to the great list o stuff.

Yeah, foobar wasn't really made for not-playlist playing, and can only start playing a track from somewhere else. Unfortunately, track repeat requires it to be aware of a playlist of some sort to actually queue the next track from, even if it's the same track. Maybe this can be a feature request, that Repeat: Track doesn't advance the queue at all and just restarts the current track as a special case.