Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Folder/Albums without Album Art (Read 1645 times) previous topic - next topic

Folder/Albums without Album Art

I recently ripped some CDs to WavPack and MP3. For some reason, the Album Art is missing on many of my CDs. How do I use Foobar to show me the Albums which have Album Art missing?

I tried using Facets to show me albums but I have albums that are the same name from 2 different artists and Facets does not distinguish between them.

For example D:\WV\MIles Davis\Acoustic and D:\WV\Nitty Gritty Dirt Band\Acoustic both show up in Facets as "Acoustic".

iTunes showed them as separate albums so I was able to correct the MP3 files and download artwork for the MP3 version. Now I need help with FooBar so I can do the same for my WavPack files.

Thanks.

Re: Folder/Albums without Album Art

Reply #2
Hi there,

I tried using Facets to show me albums but I have albums that are the same name from 2 different artists and Facets does not distinguish between them.

For Facets, you would have to add a tag to the Album column to separate albums of the same name. Typically this would be a %date% tag or column.

You could make a new column just for this purpose. For example in Preferences > Media Library > Facets, make a column with the pattern -

Code: [Select]
%album artist% - %date% - %album%

(And then in layout right-click column headers to enable it)

Alternatively you could just add a %date% column next to album. You can enable 'Multiple Columns' for each Facet pane by right-click header > Columns > enable 'Multiple Columns', and then select another column to add. Note: If doing this, make sure the patterns for each column in Preferences do NOT use square brackets like [%date%] - remove the square brackets otherwise missing date tags will not show up.

A different component to above post - If your artwork is embedded, you might find foo_cover_info a useful component to add a playlist column with cover info. See the discussion thread / screenshots.

I have not tried it though looks like it works for Library > Search to return tracks with missing art -

%front_cover_size% MISSING

Cheers

Reply #4
For Facets, you would have to add a tag to the Album column to separate albums of the same name. Typically this would be a %date% tag or column.

You could make a new column just for this purpose. For example in Preferences > Media Library > Facets, make a column with the pattern -
%album artist% - %date% - %album%

(And then in layout right-click column headers to enable it)

Alternatively you could just add a %date% column next to album. You can enable 'Multiple Columns' for each Facet pane by right-click header > Columns > enable 'Multiple Columns', and then select another column to add. Note: If doing this, make sure the patterns for each column in Preferences do NOT use square brackets like [%date%] - remove the square brackets otherwise missing date tags will not show up.

A different component to above post - If your artwork is embedded, you might find foo_cover_info a useful component to add a playlist column with cover info. See the discussion thread / screenshots.

I have not tried it though looks like it works for Library > Search to return tracks with missing art -
%front_cover_size% MISSING

Thanks

Reply #5
Do any of these work on the album level? Well maybe it can be sorted lexicographically to see, but ...