Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: DSD to Flac: clicks in high end (Read 3252 times) previous topic - next topic

DSD to Flac: clicks in high end

Hello all,

I've ripped some of my SACD so I can listen them through my DAC but I'm experiencing a 'small' problem. It sound great but there are small clicks in the higher frequencies.

I've ripped them to 176.4 with both Audiogate and DSDConverter, with and without dither, and with and without a -3db filter at 42khz. None of the settings seem to affect the clicks. Also, they don't seem to be related to the audio signal and they don't occur at a fixed interval. Therefore it can't be clipping.

Has anyone similar experiences, does anyone know what the problem is and/or have a solution.

Kind regards, Maarten

ps. not sure if DSD to Flac is lossless, I'm pretty sure it's not. But anyways, this seemed the best forum for the issue.