Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Surprise Crash! F2k not booting up (Read 1506 times) previous topic - next topic

Surprise Crash! F2k not booting up

Hello,

Foobar suffered a fatal crash while I was making a new playlist. It is not booting up normally, nor in safe mode. Crash report attached in TXT and DMP formats. I upgraded to version 2.0 from 1.6.7 but it crashes while importing the library.

Less than a week ago I started streaming vintage jazz to an online community, using Foobar of course. I'll fail to stream today. This is very disappointing. Foobar is stable and reliable usually.

Any help is appreciated.

Re: Surprise Crash! F2k not booting up

Reply #1
While waiting for solution, you can do a separated fresh portable installation and use it.

Reply #2
While waiting for solution, you can do a separated fresh portable installation and use it.

Thanks for the reply! Yes, but I need my playlists. I have the whole library organized a certain way that is convenient to me. A fresh install with default settings will not solve my problem.

Reply #3
Assuming you have standard installs, your old profile with original configuration/playlists should still be available to use. Check %appdata% in windows explorer. You should have foobar2000 and foobar2000-v2 folders. The foobar2000 folder is the original.

Reply #4
Assuming you have standard installs, your old profile with original configuration/playlists should still be available to use. Check %appdata% in windows explorer. You should have foobar2000 and foobar2000-v2 folders. The foobar2000 folder is the original.

Thanks for the reply! Isn't the old folder corrupted somehow? It's worth a try I suppose.

Edit: It did not work.

Reply #5
A fresh portable install failed to boot, with this output.

Failed to load DLL: foo_input_dvda.dll
Reason: Multiple DLLs with the same file name found: "C:\Users\isaiahsellassie\foobar2000\user-components\foo_input_dvda\foobar-0.8.x\foo_input_dvda.dll", "C:\Users\isaiahsellassie\foobar2000\user-components\foo_input_dvda\foobar-0.9.4.x\foo_input_dvda.dll", "C:\Users\isaiahsellassie\foobar2000\user-components\foo_input_dvda\foobar-0.9.6.x\foo_input_dvda.dll", "C:\Users\isaiahsellassie\foobar2000\user-components\foo_input_dvda\foo_input_dvda.dll".

Failed to load DLL: foo_input_monkey.dll
Reason: Not a valid Win32 application.

Failed to load DLL: foo_dsp_resampler.dll

Failed to load DLL: foo_uie_panel_splitter.dll

Failed to load DLL: foo_dsd_converter.dll

Failed to load DLL: foo_spider_monkey_panel.dll

Failed to load DLL: foo_wave_seekbar.dll

Failed to load DLL: foo_uie_biography.dll

Failed to load DLL: foo_out_ks.dll

Failed to load DLL: foo_uie_wsh_panel_mod.dll

Failed to load DLL: foo_properties_classic.dll

Failed to load DLL: foo_uie_lyrics3.dll

Failed to load DLL: foo_ui_columns.dll

Failed to load DLL: foo_uie_albumlist.dll

Failed to load DLL: foo_uie_vis_channel_spectrum.dll

Failed to load DLL: foo_plorg.dll

Failed to load DLL: foo_input_sacd.dll

Failed to load DLL: foo_uie_vis_peakmeter_spectrum.dll

Failed to load DLL: foo_masstag.dll

Failed to load DLL: foo_uie_elplaylist.dll

Failed to load DLL: foo_quicksearch.dll

Failed to load DLL: foo_burninate.dll

Failed to load DLL: foo_out_asio.dll

Failed to load DLL: foo_playlist_revive.dll

Failed to load DLL: foo_uie_esplaylist.dll

Failed to load DLL: foo_out_wasapi.dll

Why can't Foobar keep a backup of itself? It would be nice to have an Import/Export tool for migrating custom settings.

I tried the 32 bit version. It did not import anything.

Reason: Multiple DLLs with the same file name found: "C:\Users\isaiahsellassie\foobar2000\user-components\foo_input_dvda\foobar-0.8.x\foo_input_dvda.dll", "C:\Users\isaiahsellassie\foobar2000\user-components\foo_input_dvda\foobar-0.9.4.x\foo_input_dvda.dll", "C:\Users\isaiahsellassie\foobar2000\user-components\foo_input_dvda\foobar-0.9.6.x\foo_input_dvda.dll", "C:\Users\isaiahsellassie\foobar2000\user-components\foo_input_dvda\foo_input_dvda.dll".

Failed to load DLL: foo_input_monkey.dll
Reason: Obsolete component; please remove.

Reply #6

No, this is not fresh portable install. To get FRESH portable install you need to install fb2k in portable mode to folder, where is NO old copy of fb2k or its components or settings.

Reply #7

No, this is not fresh portable install. To get FRESH portable install you need to install fb2k in portable mode to folder, where is NO old copy of fb2k or its components or settings.

I am following up on the suggestion by Marc2k3. I have already explained why a fresh install does not solve my problem. I am not a complete idiot, I know I can start the whole Foobar journey from scratch. My Foobar has a LOT of customization done over many years.

It is a free program. If there is no solution I will restore the Foobar folder from my second desktop, which tends to be a few weeks behind the main one. It's like going back a few weeks in time. The latest playlists will be missing but still much better than starting over from scratch.

Reply #8
I am following up on the suggestion by Marc2k3.

Please point out the word portable in my post. I can't see it.

The folders in %appadata% are for use by standard installs. Re-installing 1.6 in standard mode should have worked. Only a buffoon would point a 64bit portable installer directly at it.  :/

Reply #9
I am following up on the suggestion by Marc2k3.
Please point out the word portable in my post. I can't see it.

The folders in %appadata% are for use by standard installs. Re-installing 1.6 in standard mode should have worked. Only a buffoon would point a 64bit portable installer directly at it.  :/

I installed version 2.0 as a standard installation, which updated the standard installation that was already there. It never booted up because it failed to import the configuration from the old %appdata% folder. The attempted upgrade to 2.0 occurred AFTER 1.6.7 stopped booting up. The old appdata folder is there, but it is corrupted. The 64 bit portable was installed in foobar2000-v2 but it failed to boot in exactly the same way as the standard.

I re-installed the 32 bit portable in the old %appdata% folder and the same problem persisted. The box said "Internal error -" followed by text saying something is corrupted in that folder. (I don't remember the exact words.)

I have restored the folder from my secondary desktop, and will resume the journey from a few weeks behind. Thanks for the unhelpful suggestions and the insults. You get what you pay for I suppose.