Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Playback Statistics (foo_playcount) not importing info from tags (Read 849 times) previous topic - next topic

Playback Statistics (foo_playcount) not importing info from tags

Playback Statistics is vexing me. Could I get some troubleshooting advice?

I'm trying to adjust the ADDED_TIMESTAMP. Here's what I do.
  • Playback Statistics -> Write statistics to file tags
  • Track Properties, paste in new value acquired from another MP3 file with the right date (in this case, 130214160000000000), click OK
  • Playback Statistics -> Import statistics from file tags
Unfortunately, the track properties don't change at all. If I export statistics to tags again, it shows the old value.

foo_playcount is version 3.04 and foobar2000 is 1.6.2.

How can I troubleshoot this? Also, what is the timestamp format? For example, how do I interpret something like 131352329113478491 as a datetime?

Re: Playback Statistics (foo_playcount) not importing info from tags

Reply #1
They're Windows FILETIME, which is 100ns units since January 1, 1601, UTC.

Reply #2
Hi there,

For the ADDED_TIMESTAMP field (and possibly others), it only allows you to Import Statistics with a time older than the current one in the database. However the right-click > PS > Copy / Paste Statistics options are not effected by that. So to get around this limitation -

• On the target track(s) you want to change, right-click > PS > Write Statistics To Tags (to backup PLAY_COUNT, etc).
  • Find a track in your library with close to the current date (or preferably add a new one so it only has the ADDED field), right-click > PS > Copy Statistics.
  • On you target track(s), right-click > PS > Paste Statistics. Fields will be replaced in the database, so ADDED will be newer.
  • On you target track(s), right-click > Properties, edit the ADDED_TIMESTAMP field to your desired time. You can create the LDAP FILETIME using this timestamp converter site.
  • On you target track(s), right-click > PS > Import Statistics From Tags. At least the original PLAY_COUNT field will be restored, and possibly other timestamp fields...

If I recall, you might only be able to do 1:1 copies - that is, if you Copy Statistics for only 1 track, you can only Paste 1 track.

(I should preface this entire post with "If I recall correctly" because it has been awhile since I did this last :D - it really is not worth the time, hahah)

Cheers

Reply #3
Thank you both, that solved the problem!