Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: DeaDBeef 0.6.0 released (Read 34777 times) previous topic - next topic

DeaDBeef 0.6.0 released

DeaDBeeF (probably the closest equivalent to foobar2000 for Linux) has just received some significant updates:

Changes in 0.6.0 include:
- New GUI layout design mode
- Visualisation support
- new API for creating GUI extension plugins
- lots more: see the changelog in the link below

http://deadbeef.sourceforge.net/posts/dead...6.0_is_out.html

DeaDBeef 0.6.0 released

Reply #1
added OPUS and TAK support in the static build (via ffmpeg)

DeaDBeef 0.6.0 released

Reply #2
We're getting there 
I can almost reproduce my foobar layout with it now.
Still a bit wonky when it comes to files located on network though (have to mount location via fstab, mounting via nemo results in "file not found").

DeaDBeef 0.6.0 released

Reply #3
DeaDBeeF (probably the closest equivalent to foobar2000 for Linux) has just received some significant updates:

Changes in 0.6.0 include:
- New GUI layout design mode
- Visualisation support
- new API for creating GUI extension plugins
- lots more: see the changelog in the link below

http://deadbeef.sourceforge.net/posts/dead...6.0_is_out.html

Do we have tagging independent r128/replaygain scanner? (I don't see that), meantime I'll keep using my 5 minute bash script.
PANIC: CPU 1: Cache Error (unrecoverable - dcache data) Eframe = 0x90000000208cf3b8
NOTICE - cpu 0 didn't dump TLB, may be hung

DeaDBeef 0.6.0 released

Reply #4
very nice!
not to be too ignorant, but how much work would be needed to make this work on mac?
i saw the faq said 'no' about planned ports, but i assume porting linux apps to mac is easier than windows, maybe not.
at least it is open source

DeaDBeef 0.6.0 released

Reply #5
very nice!
not to be too ignorant, but how much work would be needed to make this work on mac?
i saw the faq said 'no' about planned ports, but i assume porting linux apps to mac is easier than windows, maybe not.
at least it is open source

As far as I know the developer is working on that and there have been some patches targeting OS X, but I don't know the current state of the port. Maybe you should ask him directly: #deadbeefplayer (irc.freenode)

Quote from: ChronoSphere link=msg=0 date=
I can almost reproduce my foobar layout with it now.

What is it you're missing?

DeaDBeef 0.6.0 released

Reply #6
I'm missing a custom tabs container I can fill with components like a list of playlists and a dropdown box for playlist modes.
From what I saw, we only currently have tabs for playlists, I prefer having a list.  A condensed "info" list with all tags and path for currently selected/playing file(s). Also, unless I missed it, a media library would be nice.

DeaDBeef 0.6.0 released

Reply #7
I'm missing a custom tabs container I can fill with components like a list of playlists and a dropdown box for playlist modes.

The tabs container is already implemented but currently deactivated, probably due to some bug(s). So this will probably be working soon.

What do you mean by "playlist modes"?

From what I saw, we only currently have tabs for playlists, I prefer having a list.  A condensed "info" list with all tags and path for currently selected/playing file(s). Also, unless I missed it, a media library would be nice.

I guess the list you are looking for is already there, it's called "Selection properties". And yes, media library is still missing, but it's planned to come.

Until then you maybe have a look at the File Browser plugin: http://deadbeef.sourceforge.net/plugins.html
This adds a tree-view of your filesystem and allows you to quickly add songs/folders to your playlists.

DeaDBeef 0.6.0 released

Reply #8
I meant playback modes, as in "default/shuffle/repeat/repeat all".
Sorry, I'm kind of sleepy. Good to hear more things are coming!
I'm not moving to linux yet but every improvement gets me closer to that.

DeaDBeef 0.6.0 released

Reply #9
I meant playback modes, as in "default/shuffle/repeat/repeat all".

Oh yes, this is also something I'm kinda used to and I'm probably going to implement that (maybe as a plugin) as soon as the toolbar (playback buttons, seek- and volumebar) is made customizable, which as far as I remember is planned for 0.6.2.

DeaDBeef 0.6.0 released

Reply #10
Very cool. Is a music library function (including directory monitoring) also planned?
What I also love about foobar2000 is file operations. It really helps organizing my collection on dir/file level.
One more thing I never want to miss anymore is this DSP as well foo_dsp_fsurround.
Since its open source, could it be ported too?
After that I might consider moving from windows to debian / ubuntu completely.

DeaDBeef 0.6.0 released

Reply #11
Is a music library function (including directory monitoring) also planned?

That's the one feature I am missing. 

I am using Clementine on Linux (Ubuntu) and the Google player on Android, but would consider switching if that's implemented.
Opus 96 kb/s (Android) / Vorbis -q5 (PC) / WavPack -hhx6m (Archive)

DeaDBeef 0.6.0 released

Reply #12
I just installed 0.6.1 and its looking very good! I think its finally time to replace audacious
She is waiting in the air

DeaDBeef 0.6.0 released

Reply #13
Is a music library function (including directory monitoring) also planned?

That's the one feature I am missing. 

I am using Clementine on Linux (Ubuntu) and the Google player on Android, but would consider switching if that's implemented.

I think you can be fairly confident that isn't high on the priority list.  Could probably be done in a plugin though.

DeaDBeef 0.6.0 released

Reply #14
I just installed 0.6.1 and its looking very good! I think its finally time to replace audacious

There's a significant bug (crash) with the 0.6.1 playlist plugin but you can drop in the 0.6.0 plugin if it affects you.

DeaDBeef 0.6.0 released

Reply #15
I've written an Opus plugin for Deadbeef. for those who can't use ffmpeg or just don't want to.  Supports playing .opus files, chained files, streams direct or through playlists, and tag editing.  Streaming requires adding stdopus to the network mime types list in Deadbeef.  Mixed streams (eg. Theora/Opus) are supported but not with the 0.5 version of libopusfile.  Probably in 0.6 or you'll need a patch.  Depends on libopusfile, which depends on libopus and libogg.

Converting other formats to Opus requires an external tool such as Opus Tools.  There is a convpreset definition for this in the tarball, or just add one using the GUI.  The release converter plugin doesn't understand .opus files and won't write tags to them.  I have written a patch that is also in the tarball and hopefully in the next Deadbeef release.

Link to current version (includes source, deadbeef converter patch, and i386 shared object):
http://www.nartowicz.webspace.virginmedia....pus/opus.tar.gz

Perma-link to 0.1 (current version as of March 18th):
http://www.nartowicz.webspace.virginmedia....opus-0.1.tar.gz

Patch to write tags to converted Opus files:
http://code.google.com/p/ddb/issues/detail?id=1079

DeaDBeef 0.6.0 released

Reply #16
My first post on H2Audio!  Been a long time (~1999) avsforum poster.

First- kudos to the Deadbeef devs- its shaping up to be THE goto  music player for Linux, rivaling the legendary foobar, and hopefully surpassing foobar moving forward

DeadBeef has renewed my interest in music and the audiophile hobby in general, playing right now through an HRT MSII.

The new layout functionality and plugin architecture should make Deadbeef the only player for musicphiles and audiophiles.

Some comments and suggestions for improvements:

Is there the capability to Save/export/import custom layouts? If not, this would be a great addition (plugin?) for users to trade/share layout deisgns easily.

Suggested plugins:

- DVD-Audio ISO player (audio tracks only like foobar2k, including MLP)
- SACD ISO player (Realtime PCM conversion)
- DST/DSD file player (realtime PCM conversion)

To cover these and other functions provided by foobar2k, a Deadbeef plugin that acts as a wrapper for Windows foobar2k plugins allowing most/all of them to work would make a LOT of Win/foobar converts!

- DSP plugins for tube or vinyl emulation (or use foobar plugins with wrapper plugin)

- MPD like web interface for remote access/control of Deadbeef on another PC

Keep up the great work!
ubuntustudio.org wrcjfm.org district97.net sufjan.com

DeaDBeef 0.6.0 released

Reply #18
Layout saving and import is on the list for 0.6.2:
http://code.google.com/p/ddb/issues/detail...Summary%20OpSys

Cool!

Understood re: the import/export issue, but does the current version save the current layout at exit and recall it when restarted?  It doesn't appear to for me- just checking.

Is there a thread here on H2 or another site for ongoing Deadbeef software issues/bugs/feature requests/etc?

This thread appears to be a temporary discussion for the news item re: the 0.6.0 release.

I was thinking about a long term/permanent discussion thread for Deadbeef.

Looking for an area here on H2 dedicated to software player threads (Audacious, Deadbeef, VLC, Guayadeque, MPD, Quod Libet, gMusicbrowser, etc.) but there doesn't appear to be a forum area dedicated to just software players.

EDIT- I asked the mods for a dedicated software audio/media players forum area:
http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index....howtopic=105076
ubuntustudio.org wrcjfm.org district97.net sufjan.com