Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Update rendered both foo_midi and foo_gep unusable (Read 1749 times) previous topic - next topic

Update rendered both foo_midi and foo_gep unusable

So about a week ago, I decided to update a bunch of stuff for my Foobar setup (running on Linux via Wine), and long story short, I found that almost all of them caused more problems that they solved and needed to be reverted, and the worst of these were the updates for foo_midi (v2.0.21) and foo_gep (v1.213, I think), both of which were rendered unusable because the updated versions are apparently only compatible with the beta version of Foobar, which itself worked precisely once upon initial installation and then never worked again. Since I hadn't thought to backup the previous versions of my plugins, I've had to revert to old versions of both (foo_midi v1.254 and foo_gep v1.203) that I had originally downloaded rather than updated directly via the built-in updater, and in the case of foo_midi, that meant losing a lot of features.

Re: Update rendered both foo_midi and foo_gep unusable

Reply #1
As I already replied to your other topic, re-download them and re-install them.

Reply #2
Okay, tried that, but it just ends up giving me the same error popup as before.

Code: [Select]
Failed to load DLL: foo_midi.dll
Reason: Unknown error code (317)

Reply #3
Please re-download foo_midi.

Note that I did not bump the version numbers for these changes, since if it worked, you don't need to reinstall it, and if it didn't work, you obviously need to fetch the .fb2k-component file manually.

Reply #4
Okay, redownloaded and reinstalled it again and this time, it worked perfectly. Thanks so much.

Reply #5
I'll just have to remember, the day I switch over to using dynamic runtime, to specify on the components site that my components require 1.4, which bundles the runtime, so that users of 1.3 will no longer receive automatic updates.