Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_vis_shpeck (Read 726237 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_vis_shpeck

Reply #500
Seems it's a DLL issue.  However, I do have nscrt.dll in the Winamp and foobar2000 root directories and %systemroot%\system32, so it must be something else (missing?).
Could be easily determined using Process Monitor.
Full-quoting makes you scroll past the same junk over and over.

foo_vis_shpeck

Reply #501
I'm running Foobar2000 v1.0 beta 5 on Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit and foo_vis_shpeck 0.3.7. Milkdrop doesn't appear in the pick list of available plugins, only Advanced Visualization Studio.

Foobar's console:
Code: [Select]
[Shpeck] Searching for plugins, file mask = "C:\Program Files (x86)\Winamp\Plugins\vis_*.dll"...
C:\Program Files (x86)\Winamp\Plugins\vis_avs.dll - module #0 - validated, added to list (Advanced Visualization Studio).
C:\Program Files (x86)\Winamp\Plugins\vis_milk2.dll - could not load the DLL (probably caused by unresolved DLL dependencies).
C:\Program Files (x86)\Winamp\Plugins\vis_nsfs.dll - could not load the DLL (probably caused by unresolved DLL dependencies).
[Shpeck] Plugin search done.

Proc Monitor output:
21:36.9    foobar2000.exe    2860    QueryOpen    C:\Program Files (x86)\Winamp    FAST IO DISALLOWED    
21:36.9    foobar2000.exe    2860    CreateFile    C:\Program Files (x86)\Winamp    SUCCESS    Desired Access: Read Attributes, Disposition: Open, Options: Open Reparse Point, Attributes: n/a, ShareMode: Read, Write, Delete, AllocationSize: n/a, OpenResult: Opened
21:36.9    foobar2000.exe    2860    QueryBasicInformationFile    C:\Program Files (x86)\Winamp    SUCCESS    CreationTime: 25/12/2009 22:36:53, LastAccessTime: 25/12/2009 22:37:49, LastWriteTime: 25/12/2009 22:37:49, ChangeTime: 25/12/2009 22:37:49, FileAttributes: D
21:36.9    foobar2000.exe    2860    CloseFile    C:\Program Files (x86)\Winamp    SUCCESS    
21:36.9    foobar2000.exe    2860    CreateFile    C:\    SUCCESS    Desired Access: Read Data/List Directory, Synchronize, Disposition: Open, Options: Directory, Synchronous IO Non-Alert, Attributes: n/a, ShareMode: Read, Write, Delete, AllocationSize: n/a, OpenResult: Opened
21:36.9    foobar2000.exe    2860    QueryDirectory    C:\Program Files (x86)    SUCCESS    Filter: Program Files (x86), 1: Program Files (x86)
21:36.9    foobar2000.exe    2860    CloseFile    C:\    SUCCESS    
21:36.9    foobar2000.exe    2860    CreateFile    C:\Program Files (x86)    SUCCESS    Desired Access: Read Data/List Directory, Synchronize, Disposition: Open, Options: Directory, Synchronous IO Non-Alert, Attributes: n/a, ShareMode: Read, Write, Delete, AllocationSize: n/a, OpenResult: Opened
21:36.9    foobar2000.exe    2860    QueryDirectory    C:\Program Files (x86)\Winamp    SUCCESS    Filter: Winamp, 1: Winamp
21:36.9    foobar2000.exe    2860    CloseFile    C:\Program Files (x86)    SUCCESS    
21:36.9    foobar2000.exe    2860    QueryOpen    C:\Program Files (x86)\Winamp\Plugins\vis_avs.dll    FAST IO DISALLOWED    
21:36.9    foobar2000.exe    2860    CreateFile    C:\Program Files (x86)\Winamp\Plugins\vis_avs.dll    SUCCESS    Desired Access: Read Attributes, Disposition: Open, Options: Open Reparse Point, Attributes: n/a, ShareMode: Read, Write, Delete, AllocationSize: n/a, OpenResult: Opened
21:36.9    foobar2000.exe    2860    QueryBasicInformationFile    C:\Program Files (x86)\Winamp\Plugins\vis_avs.dll    SUCCESS    CreationTime: 30/11/2009 17:28:30, LastAccessTime: 25/12/2009 22:36:56, LastWriteTime: 25/12/2009 22:37:14, ChangeTime: 25/12/2009 22:37:14, FileAttributes: A
21:36.9    foobar2000.exe    2860    CloseFile    C:\Program Files (x86)\Winamp\Plugins\vis_avs.dll    SUCCESS

I don't know if you'd like the complete Process Monitor output for more information? I'm not sure what it was you expected in a log file.
daefeatures.co.uk

foo_vis_shpeck

Reply #502
Did you copy the NSCRT.DLL file to the plugins folder?
Windows 10 Pro x64 // foobar2000 1.3.10

foo_vis_shpeck

Reply #503
Yes, I also tried your folder combination in this post. This user appears to have tried this also.

I didn't have nscrt.dll installed with the latest Winamp (5.571) so I had to get that elsewhere.
daefeatures.co.uk

foo_vis_shpeck

Reply #504
Can you upload your vis_milk2.dll file so we can try?

foo_vis_shpeck

Reply #505
Sure.

vis_milk.zip

I'll remove the link soon.
daefeatures.co.uk

foo_vis_shpeck

Reply #506
Thanks.

I get the same with your version.
[Shpeck] Searching for plugins, file mask = "D:\Apps\PortableApps\foobar2000 1.0\components\shpeck\\Plugins\vis_*.dll"...
D:\Apps\PortableApps\foobar2000 1.0\components\shpeck\\Plugins\vis_milk2.dll - could not load the DLL (probably caused by unresolved DLL dependencies).
[Shpeck] Plugin search done.
Worth to note is my dll is about 1 MB bigger, so it can have the necessary dependency built-in.

YOUR: vis_milk2.dll > 421 kB, 2009-12-25
MINE: vis_milk2.dll > 1 224 kB, 2009-07-01

Update:

Tried extract all files from current Winamp setup and sort out all .dll and placed it in the plugins-folder.
There's no nscrt file anymore, in the setup. I didn't installed it, it maybe gets installed if doing the normal way.

None of these is the working dependency:
burnlib.dll
CDDBControlWinamp.dll
CddbMusicIDWinamp.dll
CddbPlaylist2Winamp.dll
CDDBUIWinamp.dll
CddbWOManagerWinamp.dll
Cddbx1.dll
Cddbx2.dll
Cddbx3.dll
Cddbx4.dll
Cddbx5.dll
Dialer.dll
dsp_sps.dll
elevatorps.dll
enc_aacplus.dll
enc_flac.dll
enc_lame.dll
enc_wav.dll
enc_wma.dll
extstrip.dll
gen_ff.dll
gen_hotkeys.dll
gen_jumpex.dll
gen_ml.dll
gen_orgler.dll
gen_tray.dll
iewachk.dll
in_avi.dll
in_cdda.dll
in_dshow.dll
in_flac.dll
in_flv.dll
in_linein.dll
in_midi.dll
in_mkv.dll
in_mod.dll
in_mp3.dll
in_mp4.dll
in_nsv.dll
in_swf.dll
in_vorbis.dll
in_wave.dll
in_wm.dll
KillProcDLL.dll
lame_enc.dll
LangDLL.dll
libFLAC.dll
libmp4v2.dll
libsndfile.dll
ml_addons.dll
ml_autotag.dll
ml_bookmarks.dll
ml_disc.dll
ml_history.dll
ml_impex.dll
ml_local.dll
ml_nowplaying.dll
ml_online.dll
ml_playlists.dll
ml_plg.dll
ml_pmp.dll
ml_rg.dll
ml_transcode.dll
ml_wire.dll
msvcr90.dll
nde.dll
npwachk.dll
nsDialogs.dll
nsExec.dll
NSISdl.dll
nsis_bind.dll
nsis_winamp.dll
nsutil.dll
nsvdec_vp3.dll
nsvdec_vp5.dll
out_disk.dll
out_ds.dll
out_wave.dll
pmp_activesync.dll
pmp_ipod.dll
pmp_njb.dll
pmp_p4s.dll
pmp_usb.dll
primosdk.DLL
px.dll
pxafs.dll
pxdrv.dll
pxmas.dll
pxsfs.dll
pxwave.dll
read_file.dll
ReplayGainAnalysis.dll
System.dll
tataki.dll
vis_avs.dll
vis_nsfs.dll
vms_desktop.dll
vxblock.dll
zlib.dll

foo_vis_shpeck

Reply #507
I'm experiencing the same problems with the latest version of Winamp hence I uninstall it and rolled-back to Winamp 5.56 and shpeck works fine again with milkdrop.

Ps (I'm using Windows 7 64bit as well, if that's relevant to the problem).

foo_vis_shpeck

Reply #508
Meh, so is all this fuss just a bane sent on me because I ignored the following post and decided to look at it later?
The version of MilkDrop included with the newest version of Winamp is not recognized by the plugin.

They apparently doen't bother with their NSCRT.dll anymore (yay!), they just use proper MSVC runtime redistributable instead now (pfff...). Installing this package or copying the "Microsoft.VC90.CRT" directory from Winamp's to foobar2000 one might help.

foo_vis_shpeck

Reply #509
I tried that, same.

It also said I had the runtime installed, could chose repair/uninstall.

foo_vis_shpeck

Reply #510
Yeah, I noticed now too. vis_milk2.dll doesn't have an embedded manifest (that's how it's recommended anyway in app/plugin situation), so the CRT runtime is not correctly loaded, because no other module uses it earlier.
Worked fine when I embedded the following manifest to vis_milk2.dll (as usual, resource type 24, ID 2), however that can't be expected for ordinary people to do, I might have to add some workaround in the future.
<assembly xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v1" manifestVersion="1.0">
  <dependency>
    <dependentAssembly>
      <assemblyIdentity type="win32" name="Microsoft.VC90.CRT" version="9.0.21022.8" processorArchitecture="x86" publicKeyToken="1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b"></assemblyIdentity>
    </dependentAssembly>
  </dependency>
</assembly>

foo_vis_shpeck

Reply #511
Thank you!

It works. ^^

foo_vis_shpeck

Reply #512
For my current config I'm using Columns UI and Panel Stack Splitter and I would like to put Milkdrop in a panel. Only problem is whenever Milkdrop starts, its starts in a window (or in fullscreen if selected). Is there a way to get Milkdrop embedded in the shpeck visualizer panel?

foo_vis_shpeck

Reply #513
For my current config I'm using Columns UI and Panel Stack Splitter and I would like to put Milkdrop in a panel. Only problem is whenever Milkdrop starts, its starts in a window (or in fullscreen if selected). Is there a way to get Milkdrop embedded in the shpeck visualizer panel?

Enable "Integrate with Winamp skin" in MilkDrop's settings.

foo_vis_shpeck

Reply #515
RE: could not load the DLL (probably caused by unresolved DLL dependencies).

I too am having problems with the latest version of milkdrop 2.2 from winamp 5.57
Before I decided to post I did try rereading the last 5 pages and trying all the suggestions.

I wiped out any and all foobar and winamp installs and started fresh and even cleaned out the 2008 C++ Redistributable package and reinstalled it.
I still can't get milkdrop 2.2 to run with the latest version of shpeck.

Here's what I'm running.
Windows XP MCE 2005 SP3
Foobar 2000 v0.9.6.9
Xchange 3.5.2 by Brett with just the components he recommended to install.

I went ahead and got process explorer and process monitor to see what other dll vis_milk2.dll needs now and it turns out to be msvcr90.dll

This is where Shpeck looks for it

Putting it in any of the directories that shpeck is looking for it causes a "R6034 error an application has made an attempt to load the C runtime library incorrectly."

I went and ran winamp 5.57 with Process explorer and Process Monitor and found that Winamp doesn't even bother with the "Microsoft.VC90.CRT" directory that it installs and rather for vis_milk2.dll it uses the msvcr90.dll  in this location "C:\WINDOWS\WinSxS\x86_Microsoft.VC90.CRT_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_9.0.30729.1_x-ww_6f74963e\MSVCR90.dll"

I hope this helps you Yirkha. Also this thread seems to shed some light on what now powers MilkDrop 2.x
http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?threadid=315268

I'll be going back to MD2.0 for now. actually 2.1 since i found a copy of 5.56

foo_vis_shpeck

Reply #516
RE: could not load the DLL (probably caused by unresolved DLL dependencies).

I too am having problems with the latest version of milkdrop 2.2 from winamp 5.57
Before I decided to post I did try rereading the last 5 pages and trying all the suggestions.

See Yirkah's following posts.
Doing what he did in the second quote, works.

Meh, so is all this fuss just a bane sent on me because I ignored the following post and decided to look at it later?
The version of MilkDrop included with the newest version of Winamp is not recognized by the plugin.

They apparently doen't bother with their NSCRT.dll anymore (yay!), they just use proper MSVC runtime redistributable instead now (pfff...). Installing this package or copying the "Microsoft.VC90.CRT" directory from Winamp's to foobar2000 one might help.

Yeah, I noticed now too. vis_milk2.dll doesn't have an embedded manifest (that's how it's recommended anyway in app/plugin situation), so the CRT runtime is not correctly loaded, because no other module uses it earlier.
Worked fine when I embedded the following manifest to vis_milk2.dll (as usual, resource type 24, ID 2), however that can't be expected for ordinary people to do, I might have to add some workaround in the future.
<assembly xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v1" manifestVersion="1.0">
  <dependency>
    <dependentAssembly>
      <assemblyIdentity type="win32" name="Microsoft.VC90.CRT" version="9.0.21022.8" processorArchitecture="x86" publicKeyToken="1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b"></assemblyIdentity>
    </dependentAssembly>
  </dependency>
</assembly>

foo_vis_shpeck

Reply #517
I went ahead and got process explorer and process monitor to see what other dll vis_milk2.dll needs now and it turns out to be msvcr90.dll
Yes, known.
Putting it in any of the directories that shpeck is looking for it causes a "R6034 error an application has made an attempt to load the C runtime library incorrectly."
Because it must be loaded using a proper manifest.
I went and ran winamp 5.57 [...] and found that Winamp [...] uses the msvcr90.dll  in this location "C:\WINDOWS\WinSxS\x86_Microsoft.VC90.CRT_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_9.0.30729.1_x-ww_6f74963e\MSVCR90.dll"
The main winamp.exe uses MSVCR90.DLL too and has the manifest, so that it gets loaded properly (doesn't matter from where exactly). The plugin DLLs then just see MSVCR90.DLL in the list of already loaded libraries and work correctly too.

One possible working solution is described in post #511[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=675559"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a] above, someone could make a hacked version of vis_milk2.dll and share it with the world. I won't.

foo_vis_shpeck

Reply #518
See Yirkah's following posts.
Doing what he did in the second quote, works.

Yes if i had the programming knowledge maybe I could but i don't or the tools to do it.

The main winamp.exe uses MSVCR90.DLL too and has the manifest, so that it gets loaded properly (doesn't matter from where exactly). The plugin DLLs then just see MSVCR90.DLL in the list of already loaded libraries and work correctly too.

One possible working solution is described in post #511[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=675559"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a] above, someone could make a hacked version of vis_milk2.dll and share it with the world. I won't.

Well i guess someone can and eventually share. I can understand the reasons not to since it entails responsibility of a new project and testing etc. MD2.1 for now will do

foo_vis_shpeck

Reply #519
@WWNSX: grab it from here

foo_vis_shpeck

Reply #521
Thanks 2E7AH & Andreasvb. I tried them and they work great.

Andreasvb I'll make sure I download that and copy Yirkha's manifest and note where to put it in so i can do it in the future if i need to.

Moderation: Removed useless full quote of the preceding post.

foo_vis_shpeck

Reply #522
hey guys, im a new user of shpeck and read through the last few pages becasue milkdrop wasnt working.  Right now is the only fix to download this edited version of the .dll?

foo_vis_shpeck

Reply #523
hey guys, im a new user of shpeck and read through the last few pages becasue milkdrop wasnt working.  Right now is the only fix to download this edited version of the .dll?

You can choose any these options.

1. Use the older version of MilkDrop 2.
2. Download the modified .dll-file.
3. Modify the new yourself.

foo_vis_shpeck

Reply #524
Thanks for the quick reply.  i downloaded the patched file and it works, but there is one thing, i can not get it in the window like the person at http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index....st&p=677315 was trying to do, and the "Integrate with Winamp skin" checkbox is checked, i just have a black background with gray [Shpeck] in it.