Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: [SKIN] DarkX & LightX for foobar2000 Mobile, v1.5 preview (Read 4512 times) previous topic - next topic

[SKIN] DarkX & LightX for foobar2000 Mobile, v1.5 preview

Sharing a new skin , using the new skin format with titleformatting.
Dark or Light versions available.

Use the last v1.5 preview available https://www.foobar2000.org/apk

Displayed fields:

Media
  • Artist
  • Composer
  • Country & Flag (when tagged with %country% ISO 3166-1 two-letter country code)
  • Title
  • Album - Year
  • Track # - Disc #
  • Rating
  • Genre
  • Filename
  • Replaygain
  • Codec - Bitrate - Sample Rate - Channels

Radio:
  • Artist
  • Title
  • Album - Year
  • Track # - Disc #
  • StreamTitle
  • URL
  • Genre
  • Codec - Bitrate - Sample Rate - Channels

Screenshots:

Downloads in attachments below.

Enjoy  :)

Re: [SKIN] DarkX & LightX for foobar2000 Mobile, v1.5 preview

Reply #1
Looks very good. 👍

Reply #2
Hi :) @zeremy

Amazing!  :))
> Country & Flag (when tagged with %country%)
good idea.
The presentation is also good.
SHURE SRH1840, SENNHEISER HD660S2, SENNHEISER HD 490 PRO, DT 1990 PRO, HiFiMAN Edition XS, Bowers & Wilkins P7, FiiO FT5, 水月雨 (MOONDROP) 空鳴 - VOID, Nakamichi Elite FIVE ANC, SONY WH-ULT900N (ULT WEAR) (made a Upgrade/Balanced Cable by myself)

Reply #3
that flag implementation idea is genious. nice skin.

Reply #4
Amazing and well-designed!!
I guess that quite elaborate conditional branching and titleformatting are used to display a large amount of information depending on the situation.

Reply #5
I guess that quite elaborate conditional branching and titleformatting are used to display a large amount of information depending on the situation.
You dont need to guess, you can unzip the skin and look at them....

Reply #6
Thanks all for your feedback.

You dont need to guess, you can unzip the skin and look at them....

FYI
Uploaded repositories to github

https://github.com/smoralis/DarkX

https://github.com/smoralis/LightX

Reply #8
For the users of Asset UPnP below is a matching set of icons.

Unzip to the folder AssetImages (e.g C:\Program Files\Asset\AssetImages ).
In general settings change Menu Icons Background Color to match.
Restart Asset UPnP
Clear image cache (tools>advanced>tweaks) in mobile app.

Reply #10
Amazing job, thanks!

If I can, I have a somewhat odd request: when using the player while driving my car, I sometimes wish I could quickly see the current hour (HH:MI). Would it be possible to add somewhere this info? For example tapping the artwork could replace it with the current time for a few seconds?

Regards.

Reply #11
Amazing job, thanks!

If I can, I have a somewhat odd request: when using the player while driving my car, I sometimes wish I could quickly see the current hour (HH:MI). Would it be possible to add somewhere this info? For example tapping the artwork could replace it with the current time for a few seconds?

Regards.
There's currently no method provided in the skinning format to do something like that. The only thing that might help you is if you press the menu button (the 3 dots...) you can switch to dimmed screen with the current time.
No offense but I suggest not using your phone when driving in the first place..  ;)

Reply #12
Thanks for your reply.

The only thing that might help you is if you press the menu button (the 3 dots...) you can switch to dimmed screen with the current time.
Not sure I understand (I don't see any "dimmed screen" tapping the 3 dots) but it seems too much work anyway ;) because...
No offense but I suggest not using your phone when driving in the first place..  ;)
No offense and you're right: I start the player while I'm NOT driving, and then let it run unattended, that's why I was looking for a quick way to get the time, but it's no big deal really.

Cheers.

Reply #13
Maybe it is an android only option, are you using the iOS app?
I don't have any iOS devices to test.

Reply #14
Yes, I'm on iOS (iPhone 14+).

Now I understand what you were referring to: strangely (?) the top bar is always visible in vertical mode (no need to push the button here), but NEVER visible in horizontal mode (which I usually prefer for Foobar).

PS: and fewer option too (no dimmed screen):

Reply #15

Now I understand what you were referring to: strangely (?) the top bar is always visible in vertical mode (no need to push the button here), but NEVER visible in horizontal mode (which I usually prefer for Foobar).

I am also an iOS user and it seems that the clock display in landscape mode is a difference at the OS level.
In principle, the status bar is displayed in landscape mode on Android, but not on iOS.
This behavior is not limited to foobar2000 for mobile, but is also true for any other application, such as the YouTube app, Safari, or Mail.

As already mentioned, it is currently impossible to implement clock display by skinning.
This is because it is not possible to retrieve OS or application level variables.

It is not straightforward, but a temporary workaround would be to display the clock of lock screen by swiping downward from the top edge of iPhone's display.

Reply #16
It is not straightforward, but a temporary workaround would be to display the clock of lock screen by swiping downward from the top edge of iPhone's display.
Hi and thanks for taking time to reply.

Yes, this could be an alternative solution, but it would just be safer not having to touch the phone at all. ;)

Anyway, I understand this is a technical limitation and there's nothing you can do about it.

Reply #18

I am also an iOS user and it seems that the clock display in landscape mode is a difference at the OS level.
In principle, the status bar is displayed in landscape mode on Android, but not on iOS.
This behavior is not limited to foobar2000 for mobile, but is also true for any other application, such as the YouTube app, Safari, or Mail.

As already mentioned, it is currently impossible to implement clock display by skinning.
This is because it is not possible to retrieve OS or application level variables.

Thanks for clarifying! It seems the persistent top bar in vertical mode on iOS is a system-wide behavior, affecting various apps. As for the clock display in landscape mode, it's an OS limitation; a workaround is checking the lock screen for the time. 🕒

Reply #19
Updated version v.1.0.4
Changes:
match-system-theme: none

match-system-theme

Optional; indicates that this skin should use system theme colors for non-skinned user interface elements. If not specified, it is assumed that skin with black text on white background uses system white theme, and vice versa. Possible values are: match-system-theme: white, match-system-theme: black, match-system-theme: none. Last one, "none", means that system theme colors should not be used with this skin - for an example, to use actual 000000h background everywhere instead of system theme dark gray color on Android.

requires version  foobar2000 Mobile, v1.5 preview 2024-03-21

https://github.com/smoralis/DarkX/releases/tag/v.1.0.4
https://github.com/smoralis/LightX/releases/tag/v.1.0.4