Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: bad track or bad settings (Read 1219 times) previous topic - next topic

bad track or bad settings

using foobar2k on a desktop for 2weeks, using asio4all(tried wasapi push/event aswell) as my output w/chord mojo and k712. whenever i play a music the details are good but when it comes to vocal, i can hear distortion. not sure if its my settings or its the files(which i doubt since i tried it on my phone its not as bad compared to foobar). if im not mistaken my settings are set to bitperfect playback. i also tried listening using spotify premium on my desktop, its bad too. foobar or windows settings not sure whats causing this or if its the track itself.  suggestions would be nice

Re: bad track or bad settings

Reply #1
How does it sound if you use the onboard sound? still the same distortion?

If it onboard sounds ok then have you tried updating the drivers for your chord mojo?
Who are you and how did you get in here ?
I'm a locksmith, I'm a locksmith.

Reply #2
How does it sound if you use the onboard sound? still the same distortion?

If it onboard sounds ok then have you tried updating the drivers for your chord mojo?

it sounds okay i guess, cant really tell since the max volume desktop+k712 is still low to say for sure. i tried checking mojo's site to check for new drivers, checked windows update/device managers aswell. nothing. 16 and 24/44.1/48 is w/ mojo is not that bad when it comes to vocal. but when it comes to 24/96 i can hear the distortion clearly. did i miss something? components? asio4all settings? foobar settings itself? i maxed the sample/bit on windows which is 32/384 ticked allow exclusive. asio4all=512 samples/32 in/out

Reply #3
does the problem happen when using directsound as output?

Also can you give more specs on your system, OS and how the DAC is connected?
Who are you and how did you get in here ?
I'm a locksmith, I'm a locksmith.

Reply #4
does the problem happen when using directsound as output?

Also can you give more specs on your system, OS and how the DAC is connected?

using a b150m nightelf motherboard, rx480 vcard and i5 6500 cpu. running windows10 and connected with micro usb.
i uninstalled mojo's drivers via device manager and reconnected my mojo(usb), then mojo(speaker) shows up at "soundcard video and game controllers". i can see "windows driver package - chords electronic" on control panel>programs and features. now i tried playing tracks at foobar at first i tried asio, ds and dsd as my output but it sounds shit literally shit then i tried using wasapi push(speakers mojo) and for some reason it sounds a whole lot better. not really sure how. and to try everything something firsti tried uninstalling "windows driver package - chords electronic" and for some reason an error shows up saying error file\c\system32\driverstore etc etc.