Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Windows 10- how to auto resample SPDIF input or is there an interface that does? (Read 1556 times) previous topic - next topic

Windows 10- how to auto resample SPDIF input or is there an interface that does?

I'm on Windows 10 64 bit, and recently got this interface https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002LM0U2S It appears that it is one of several clones with different cases available, all about the same price range.

I was looking specifically for one with SPDIF input so I can mix the output from the Chromecast Audio into my PC and that's one of the few that has it and is inexpensive. Analog output from the Chromecast is very noisy in my setup. For the most part it's working fine.

I ran into a bit of an annoyance though, Google Podcasts appears to stream at 44.1 kHz and Youtube Music at 48 kHz, so I have to manually change the input sample rate on Windows Sound options for that device or the mismatch causes pitch change and artifacts. Is there a way to have Win 10 resample the digital input? I have already tried disabling exclusive mode. The volume level for the input interface in its Windows Sound panel works, so it's not using exclusive mode anyway it seems, it's just not resampling the input properly.

If it's not possible does anyone know an (preferably inexpensive) interface that does?