Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Sound Volume Equalization? (Read 2382 times) previous topic - next topic

Sound Volume Equalization?

I'm not exactly sure what to call this, much less what to search for.  Figured I'd throw that out before someone tells me to use Google.

I don't know if there's an auto term for this but basically when I'm listening to different albums, the max volume is different, and I have to keep turning the sound up and down because one album is louder than the other.

Is there a tool out there that can be configured to provide more balance to my music's various volumes?  If so, please link me.

Re: Sound Volume Equalization?

Reply #2
^ And for usage in foobar -

Select all tracks of an album and right-click > ReplayGain > 'Scan as single album' > Update File Tags.

(This will not alter the audio of your files, it simply adds tags with volume adjustment info)

Then set which mode to use, under File menu > Preferences > Playback > ReplayGain -

'Source mode' : by playback order (most useful)
'Processing' : apply gain and prevent clipping according to peak (safest)

And you might like to add RG fields to the status bar or playlist to see the volume difference -

[Album %replaygain_album_gain%] [Track %replaygain_track_gain%]

Cheers ;)

Re: Sound Volume Equalization?

Reply #5
The component does nothing to your files, so there's nothing to "undo". You need to add it to your active DSPs for it to do its magic. : )
| QAAC ~ 192 kbps |