Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Batch reverse phase (Read 1956 times) previous topic - next topic

Batch reverse phase

Dear all,

a friend of mine made a stupid mistake by making his own interconnects and recorded a few vinyls with that cable. The files are ok (48/24), but the phase is reversed (here in Croatia we have a term loosely translated as "contraphase"). So, I need to reverse phase of just one channel. I know how to do that in Audition, it's fairly simple - but I don't have it  and Audacity requires me to first split the file into two mono channels, then select one, reverse it, and join them together.
Yeah, I can do that in around ten to fifteen minutes, but I was wondering - can I do that in batch, with sox, for example? It will be done either way, just wondering if there is sox option for that - I've googled it up, but can't find anything about reversing phase of just one channel, and NOT reversing the whole file or reversing the file so it plays backwards.

Thank you very much.
Error 404; signature server not available.

Batch reverse phase

Reply #1
I think it's something like

Code: [Select]
sox inputfile.wav outputfile.wav remix 1 2i

FYI, 'reversing phase' is usually called inverting.
Music: sounds arranged such that they construct feelings.

Batch reverse phase

Reply #2
I think it's something like

Code: [Select]
sox inputfile.wav outputfile.wav remix 1 2i

FYI, 'reversing phase' is usually called inverting.

Thank you very much, this works. And "inverting" is probably the cause why I haven't found much searching about the problem
Error 404; signature server not available.