Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.

Poll

Do you use FLAC or WAVPACK?

FLAC
[ 325 ] (55%)
WAVPACK
[ 222 ] (37.6%)
Neither, I use another losless codec
[ 44 ] (7.4%)

Total Members Voted: 718

Topic: Do you use FLAC or WAVPACK? (Read 91321 times) previous topic - next topic

Reply #150
I Use Monkeys Audio

Reply #151
I switched from FLAC to WavPack almost a year ago. It's fast, and it's compression is better. I've tried all the others too, but WavPack beats them all, for one reason or another.

Jim

Reply #152
I use FLAC, because of it's faster decoding speed. I don't care for those few per cent of extra compression

Reply #153
I use FLAC, because of it's faster decoding speed. I don't care for those few per cent of extra compression

Just to be sure: you know about -f option of WavPack, right?
Infrasonic Quartet + Sennheiser HD650 + Microlab Solo 2 mk3. 

Reply #154
FLAC is my preferred codec.

It is a standard, it does what has to do and it doesn't change every few months.
I don't have to upgrade filters, firmware, re-encode my files etc all the time.
That makes it that I even can buy and exchange music in FLAC and that there is hardware support.

Also, I like the Vorbis tags. Located at the beginning of the file so the metadata is read fast and indexing of my libary (I do that often) isn't that time consuming.

Reply #155
Thread closed.

Use the new thread.  Recent posts moved there.
I'm on a horse.