Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foobar2000 0.9.5 beta 9 (Read 274596 times) previous topic - next topic

foobar2000 0.9.5 beta 9

Reply #150
i have similar problem, i used "track display panel" for large artist-title captions and additional info. that's one thing i really miss in current default ui (others are lyrics display, bookmark capability and some small tweaks). i would like to see it alongside with current "selection properties" element.

as for spectrum, i don't agree, it works just the way every spectrum is supposed to work. it is one of the reasons i can't drop 0.9.5 beta and downgrade. it gives you possibility to spot transcodes right in your player and that's essential for me, i've been trying to get something like that for years
it has some minor tweaks that should be adjusted, like default background color that isn't set on start-up but on beginning of a draw, so you have scrolling rectangle until it fills with your chosen color.

foobar2000 0.9.5 beta 9

Reply #151
The one gripe I currently have with this interface is my seeming inability to remove the orange highlighting on the tabs.  I've linked to a picture for more clarification.

Relatively minor complaint all told, but still something that I feel should be changeable (and probably is, I'm just not sure how to.)

foobar2000 0.9.5 beta 9

Reply #152
Relatively minor complaint all told, but still something that I feel should be changeable (and probably is, I'm just not sure how to.)

You have to change your visual theme in Windows for that. There is not - and will not be - and option for this in the Default User Interface.

foobar2000 0.9.5 beta 9

Reply #153
What is "selection properties" supposed to do? I can't rename tags in it, should I? (it starts to blink as if I would be able) It would be great to be able to do that.
Another possibility would be to have links on everything so that if you double-click on the artist for example, the playlist would fill up with everything else in your library from that artist. Just an idea.

foobar2000 0.9.5 beta 9

Reply #154
Nice to see an option to set additional directory for Wavpack correction files.
But I can't make to work a directory with variables, eg. d:\correction files\%artist% - %title%

foobar2000 0.9.5 beta 9

Reply #155
I really like the new design, great job.

But I have a little problem with %bitrate% column!
All my CD rips are mp3 VBR, but the bitrate in the column doesn't gets updatet during the playtime.
Under "advanced" the VBR bitrate updates per second is set to 2.
Changing the value doesn't help.

foobar2000 0.9.5 beta 9

Reply #156
^^
The default UI does not support dynamic information such as vbr bitrate or playback time. Only the status does.

What is "selection properties" supposed to do? I can't rename tags in it, should I? (it starts to blink as if I would be able) It would be great to be able to do that.

Quote from: 0.9.5 beta 1 release notes link=msg=0 date=
The Selection Properties element displays information about the selected tracks similar to the Properties dialog though it does not allow tag editing.
... unfortunately.

Edit: Just out of curiosity, is there a specific reason why it is not allowed to edit tag entries from Selection Properties Element? Security I guess? Having an Element version of File Properties Dialog would push a step ahead foobar as the perfect tag editing tool in my opinion.

foobar2000 0.9.5 beta 9

Reply #157
When i start foobar the seekbar slider does not appear until i play a song.

foobar2000 0.9.5 beta 9

Reply #158
Congratulations for the new release. I have been fooling around with it and it really is very easy to configure with very little titleformat editing. Really powerful.

I have some observations/questions:

1. The components page says that Autoplaylists and Masstagger are "deprecated components and that similar functionality is available on other still-mantained components". To which components do you refer? I cannot mimic their functionality with the current beta, specially masstagger scripting for entire playlists and creating autoplaylists.

2. Is there any easy way to search a playlist (former playlist_search functionality)?

3. There seems to be a bug in the components preferences page when you scroll the list down:

WinXP with a 19' monitor 1280x1024px

foobar2000 0.9.5 beta 9

Reply #159
1) autoplaylists can be created using
*album list - right click on nodes, or enter any query you need in filter box then right click all top node
*facets - right click on anynode you need
for mass tagging - sselect multiple files, go to properties window, right click in various places
2) tried pressing F3

foobar2000 0.9.5 beta 9

Reply #160
A few requests:

-A "Now Playing Properties" panel along with the Selection Properties panel (or the ability to switch between now playing/selection mode). This would be useful for quickly getting info about the currently playing song without having to change the selection.

-Ability to edit tag info directly in the properties panel, just like you do in the properties window (but maybe have a confirmation dialog or the option to turn editing off to avoid accidental changes).

-Next/Previous buttons in properties dialog. I know this was asked for already and didnt get a good response, but I really do find myself wishing they were there. Ive been retagging my collection, and it would be really convenient to be able to scroll through songs in the properties window to check for errors and make quick fixes. I know about the "edit individual values" feature, but in most cases this is a hassle and I've nearly screwed up tags several times by not having songs in the right order.

Also, why are there no custom button toolbars? Wasn't this a standard default UI feature (or am I thinking of columnsUI)?

foobar2000 0.9.5 beta 9

Reply #161
Yep. It would be easier to create, and the only difference would be that your playlist would have a Header.

Moderation: Removed unnessecary image quote
elevatorladylevitateme

foobar2000 0.9.5 beta 9

Reply #164
1. The components page says that Autoplaylists and Masstagger are "deprecated components and that similar functionality is available on other still-mantained components". To which components do you refer?

The deprecated masstagger component has now been replaced by the improved properties dialog, Quick Tagger(optional official component) and the 'File Operations' component in the installer, which isn't installed by default.

foobar2000 0.9.5 beta 9

Reply #165
Hello, thank you very much, new foobar is awesome (as always). 

Is there some possibility that in future foobar`ll play last.fm stream radios? Like amarok does.

foobar2000 0.9.5 beta 9

Reply #166
I love the new release and the Facets plugin and this is the first time I've been insprired to build a new config from scratch in a long time.  Thanks guys.

foobar2000 0.9.5 beta 9

Reply #167
Amazing version!
Now it's time to remove old Columns UI and no longer developed Navigator theme.
I'm impressed!

Two things:
- spectrum miss scale of measuring, I don't know if it is 16 kHz or 20 kHz? I don't know if some ape is really ape file (full spectrum to 20 kHz), or for example fake ape (made from mp3's) (spectrum to 15-16 kHz)

- the preview of scripts should be one tab or stand alone editor with BIG and not narrow preview pane. many preview panes of scripts are to short to display full results of my complex scripting, also editing pane is to small  at i.e. converter scripting, file operations scripting, and so on... consider it in full version, PLEASE !

all other is BRILLIANT       

foobar2000 0.9.5 beta 9

Reply #168
Don't know if this was requested before, but:

When scrolling panels with mousewheel in 0.9.5 beta1, the active panel scrolls instead of the one that is under mouse pointer - this is very inconvenient and I guess this could be considered as a bug, since other popular software for Windows usually behaves differently (scrolling the element that is currently hovered)

Please add it to the list of requests or open issues.

foobar2000 0.9.5 beta 9

Reply #169
I am looking forward to messing around with 0.9.5 when it comes out of beta.  Easier configuration and fewer external plug-ins equals good to me.

There are absolutely no real serious issues known in the beta (certainly not if you only use offical components), only a few small quirks maybe that mainly affect a few tiny UI glitches. You definitely don't have to worry about it messing with your system or your files in any way.

So feel free to have a look in case you are curious. Up to you of course since I con't want to talk you into anything that you don't want. Beta software is to use at your own riks of course, but I really believe there is nothing to worry about.

foobar2000 0.9.5 beta 9

Reply #170
Another small thing I would be very grateful for is an option to disable row alteration in playlist view. As I understand, currently there is no way to get rid of it.

And one more: option to set middle-click action in playlist view (the same as it is done in albumlist). E.g. I don't use autoscroll and would like to set it to "Add to playback queue".

foobar2000 0.9.5 beta 9

Reply #171
I'm having two issues--which may be related:
1) If there is an album selected--and the tracks are displayed in Playlist--the Clear command is not functional (grayed out).  Or....if I highlight the Tracks the Remove command is not functional.
Only way to clear is using 'New Playlist'.

2) If I attempt to play a new file (not in library) by clicking it, Foobar will start but--if there are items already sitting in the playlist--Foobar will not clear them and play the file.  Foobar opens, I get a brief 'Please wait' pop-up....then nothing.

Mark

foobar2000 0.9.5 beta 9

Reply #172
Are there any plans to make he new play-cut-copy-remove-crop context menu items removable via prefs->Display->Context Menu like all the other context menu items?

If no, then why not?
elevatorladylevitateme

foobar2000 0.9.5 beta 9

Reply #173
Those items are playlist-specific, while commands listed at Preferences, Context Menu appear in multiple controls, like Album List, Facets, Playlist Manager, status bar, notification area icon, etc.

foobar2000 0.9.5 beta 9

Reply #174
Can it be made possible that when you click the status bar you can see a volume slider like the previous default interface? I liked this option better because I don't use it that much so I don't like to have it on screen but when I use it it should be easily accessible.