Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: MAREO - FLAC: mystery error code 1 (Read 2108 times) previous topic - next topic

MAREO - FLAC: mystery error code 1

Anyone know what this is about?  The following error occurs every time I use MAREO to call FLAC.

Code: [Select]
ERROR initializing encoder
state = FLAC__FILE_ENCODER_ERROR_OPENING_FILE

The wave file exists, and I know it is not corrupt, because oggenc does fine with it, and so does FLAC if I use the Speek frontend instead of MAREO. 

Here's a sample output.

*** Received Command Line ***

"F:\Archivos de programa\eac\mareo.exe" EAC "Today is the Day.wav" "f:\ogg\Ttmp!
2-29.wav" "f:\ogg\Ttmp!2-29.ogg" "Yo La Tengo" "Today is the Day EP" "Today is t
he Day" "1" "2003" "Rock"

*** Parsed Parameters ***

@program@ (%1) = EAC
@finalname@ (%2) = Today is the Day.wav
  @source@ (%3) = f:\ogg\Ttmp!2-29.wav
    @dest@ (%4) = f:\ogg\Ttmp!2-29.ogg
  @artist@ (%5) = Yo La Tengo
  @cdname@ (%6) = Today is the Day EP
@songname@ (%7) = Today is the Day
   @track@ (%8) = 1
    @year@ (%9) = 2003
   @genre@(%10) = Rock

Ogg encodes successfully.  Then,

*** PROCESSING LINE 2 ***

flac none none "@ownpath@\flac.exe" -8 -T "ALBUM ARTIST=@artist@" -T "ALBUM=@cdn
ame@" -T "DATE=@year@" -T "GENRE=@genre@" -o "f:\ogg\FLAC\@artist@ - @cdname@ (@
year@)\@track@. @songname@.flac" -V "@source@"

*** Track 2 Parameters ***

@extonly@ = flac
 @pathonly@ = f:\ogg
 @nameonly@ = Ttmp!2-29
 @fullname@ = f:\ogg\Ttmp!2-29.flac

*** Final Name Parameters ***

Final Name Name Only = Today is the Day
Final Name Path Only = f:\ogg
Final Name Full Name = f:\ogg\Today is the Day.flac

*** EXECUTING ***

"F:\Archivos de programa\eac\flac.exe" -8 -T "ALBUM ARTIST=Yo La Tengo" -T "ALBU
M=Today is the Day EP" -T "DATE=2003" -T "GENRE=Rock" -o "f:\ogg\FLAC\Yo La Teng
o - Today is the Day EP (2003)\1. Today is the Day.flac" -V "f:\ogg\Ttmp!2-29.wa
v"

flac 1.1.0, Copyright (C) 2000,2001,2002,2003,2004 Josh Coalson
flac comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY.  This is free software, and you are
welcome to redistribute it under certain conditions.  Type `flac' for details.

options: -P 4096 -b 4608 -m -l 12 -e -q 0 -r 0,6 -V

Ttmp!2-29.wav: ERROR initializing encoder
              state = FLAC__FILE_ENCODER_ERROR_OPENING_FILE

ERROR: "F:\Archivos de programa\eac\flac.exe" -8 -T "ALBUM ARTIST=Yo La Tengo" -
T "ALBUM=Today is the Day EP" -T "DATE=2003" -T "GENRE=Rock" -o "f:\ogg\FLAC\Yo
La Tengo - Today is the Day EP (2003)\1. Today is the Day.flac" -V "f:\ogg\Ttmp!
2-29.wav" returned the error code 1

Edit: I don't know if it's of any consequence, but I noticed the options are different when I use Speek's frontend on the same file.  They are
options: -P 4096 -b 4608 -m -l 8 -q 0 -r 3,3 -V

Thanks,
K.S.

MAREO - FLAC: mystery error code 1

Reply #1
I guess that happens when you ask FLAC to write to a directory that doesn't exist yet.  I inserted a command before the FLAC encoding to create that directory, and now it works.