Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: [REQUEST] some useful features (Read 1305 times) previous topic - next topic

[REQUEST] some useful features

I don't know if this is the right forum to suggest new features...

1) Layout Switch
What I would like to see in new foobar versions is a simple switch functionality where I can switch between different layouts.
Currently I have the following workaround:
 - two tabs with different layouts
 - default layout = "foo_full" (maximized window)
   1. select tab with second layout "foo_min"
   2. double-click on window title to restore last size and position of the window
Now, the problem is No. 2: windows remembers the last state of an application window.
But what I'd like to have is a window with fixed size saved within the layout, which can only be changed in Layout Editor

2) Dynamic Artwork
Another idea is to set an stub image folder instead of just a single image with Dynamic Artwork for online media and files without cover.
Here is the concept:

settings
- stub image folder: "C:\Users\John\AppData\Roaming\foobar2000\custom\artwork\"
- stub image file: "C:\Users\John\AppData\Roaming\foobar2000\custom\artwork\cd_cover.jpg"
- search patterns:
cover.jpg
* - front.jpg
%filename%.jpg
%album%.jpg
%artist% - %album%.jpg
folder.jpg
../Folder.jpg
%genre%.jpg
%path% HAS "abacus.streamsiteXYZ" = abacusfm.jpg
%url% IS "http://www.deluxemusic.tv" = deluxemusic.jpg
webradio_station%album%.jpg