Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Why are some tracks sorted alphabetically? (Read 637 times) previous topic - next topic

Why are some tracks sorted alphabetically?

I've searched but can't find much info that mentions this exact problem, so hopefully someone can shed some light on it for me.

Occasionally an album will show up in my playlist showing tracks sorted alphabetically rather than by track number. I've tried adjusting 'sort incoming' in shell integration and sort format under the playlist settings but nothing changes with the affected album(s). Am i right in thinking that if my sort order was off, that would affect all albums anyway rather than just a handful?

I've tried removing and redoing tags using mp3tag but again, no joy.

I'm using Tedgo's DarkOne V4 Mod by the way.

If there's any info i've left out that could help please let me know, any help will be much appreciated.

Re: Why are some tracks sorted alphabetically?

Reply #1
Looks like i may have found the solution.

All i needed to do was sort by track number in the context menu (which sorts everything by track number) then re-sort by default.

Thought i'd post in the hope this can help someone.

Jamie

Re: Why are some tracks sorted alphabetically?

Reply #2
I don't know how you add tracks to playlist, so I cannot recommend any changes in the settings, but you may just rename these files so their filenames start with track number. For example: "Echoes.mp3" -> "06 - Echoes.mp3".