Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: YouTube Track Manager Discussion (Read 36512 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: YouTube Track Manager Discussion

Reply #75
New Version: YouTube Track Manager 3.9.5

CHANGELOG

CHG: Improved MySelect mode

MySelect is a media library only mode. It provides automatic selection of media library tracks based on a chosen style and play history:

1) Choose pool of tracks. Now supports foobar2000 query syntax + offers similar artists styles (default 50), etc.
e.g. Genre IS Rock AND %Date% AFTER 1979 AND %Date% BEFORE 1981. Gives a pool of rock tracks from the 80s

2) Choose how to play tracks from the pool, e.g. favour highest rated or most played etc. Bias configurable. Optional library filter for a further boost, e.g. exclude tracks rated < 2:

SEE GRAPH BELOW

Played tracks are normally removed from the playlist & new added. Upcoming tracks can be seen & directly played. The aim is that a track shouldn't repeat within 100 (or pool size if lower) and multi-artist styles shouldn't repeat an artist within 5 tracks, if possible. Resets on opening new. Now playing panel can show pool size. Most display items are interactive on click. Favourites menu automatically saves recent choices.

Settings for MySelect:
Enable: right click -> new radio -> radio -> MySelect. Common choices then show on the new radio menu.
Filter menu: right click -> manage -> library -> filter (filters are customisable (panel properties ["ADV.Library Filters MySelect..."]).
Bias: change if required: panel properties ["ADV Radio Best Tracks Bias..."]. The recommended bias for MySelect mode is 10 (default) or 5.

MySelect mode is likely to work best with good play count or rating data. If you don't have that, the iSelect mode instead uses last.fm top tracks data to select pools of media library tracks. MySelect & iSelect modes don't use YouTube.

ADD: Titleformat definitions for play count and rating (panel properties ["Titleformat..."]). These fields are mainly used by MySelect mode. Rating can now be set to use DADA Auto-Rating or other autorating methods as well as standard rating methods. Autorating methods work immediately provided you have playback statistics data, and don't normally modify music files.

CHG: Nowplaying text: shadow effect now optional (panel properties).
FIX: MusicBrainz & last.fm discographies: search optimisations.
FIX: For YouTube.
CHG: Efficiency improvements due to implementation of new changes to JScript panel (thanks to marc2k3).
FIX: Some improvement in artist matching during video search.
FIX: Compatibility with updated plman.AddLocations in JScript panel 2.1.0+

Reply #76
Hm... Encountered a bug: MusicBrainz>All returns "Nothing Found" for "Muse" artist. Wonder what's causing it?

Reply #77
MusicBrainz release look-ups require a musicbrainz_artistid. If that's not in a file tag (%musicbrainz_artistid%), MusicBrainz is searched with the artist name to look it up. The problem then comes when there is the more than one artist of the same name, and it's not clear which is the correct one, and the script defaults to using the first hit. In the case of "Muse", MusicBrainz returns 6 different artists of that name. Consequently, the first match in the list gets used by default & that's not the popular one - in fact it's so unpopular it doesn't have any releases!

Try choosing the related artists pane ("≡") which shows available disambiguation & pick the one required: likely: UK rock band. The choice should be remembered so the next time "Muse" is used it should pick the correct one. An automated way is to consider tagging files with %musicbrainz_artistid% which is checked first, but that's not possible with all music sources.

As far as I can tell, last.fm is essentially name based, and so the issue is much less likely to arise.

Reply #78
... that's not the popular one - in fact it's so unpopular it doesn't have any releases!
Talk about pitiful... -_-

Try choosing the related artists pane ("≡") which shows available disambiguation & pick the one required: likely: UK rock band. The choice should be remembered so the next time "Muse" is used it should pick the correct one.
Darn, forgot about that feature, even though you've told me about it just a few posts back! >_<
Thanks! =)

An automated way is to consider tagging files with %musicbrainz_artistid% which is checked first, but that's not possible with all music sources.
I've considered doing that in the past, but failed to conquer my laziness....

Reply #79
I have a problem lately: last.fm artist's top tracks by playcount are not accurate when i compare it to last.fm site.
Instead of most popular songs i get random obscure ones, often demos or live tracks in the list.
I tried to revert to older version of the script, i even tried to use clean installation of foobar with only this script installed (and required components) but it didn't help, so i don't know what could be the problem? I'm using foo 1.4 beta 11, latest jscript panel and youtube components.
Disregard the constabulary.

Reply #80
Yes, I noticed it this morning.

It seems to be a last.fm bug/caching issue that surfaced a few days ago. The api isn't returning what's requested & the list is commonly starting at track 101, not track 1.

I've seen it before in some other scenarios & believe I know how to workaround it. A fix is in progress...

Reply #81
New Version: YouTube Track Manager 3.9.5.1

CHANGELOG

CHG: Draw optimisations.
CHG: Extended field remapping options in panel properties. Separated into "Titleformat (Web Search)...", which require a single look up value, and "Library Search..." that can utilise multivalue tags (panel properties).
ADD: Last.fm Artist Top Tracks workaround to mitigate buggy last.fm api returns.

Reply #82
Works great, thank you for the quick fix
Disregard the constabulary.

Reply #83
3.9.5.1 crashes for me while 3.9.5 works fine
JScript Panel v2.1.0.2 (YouTube Track Manager v3.9.5 by WilB): initialised in 23 ms
Error: JScript Panel v2.1.0.2 (YouTube Track Manager v3.9.5.1 by WilB)
Microsoft JScript runtime error:
Object doesn't support this property or method
File: <main>
Line: 95, Col: 5
<source text only available at compile time>

Reply #84
^ It looks like you were running under the JScript engine & found an incompatibility.

New Version: YouTube Track Manager 3.9.5.2

FIX: Compatibility with JScript engine.

I would recommend using the 'Chakra' script engine if possible (requires IE9 or later). Set in the JScript panel configuration window (shift + right click).

Reply #85
I never use the radio features, is it possible to stop this panel creating empty playlists?

Reply #86
@nikolai4ik
I've changed the behaviour for the next version.

Reply #87
Hi!
Dear @WilB,
during use YouTube Track Manager 3.9.5.2
I noticed the following:
if mouse click on the empty area (see attached pic., the click area shown by arrow), the error message appears (see attached pic. JSError)
Please check it.

Thanks.

Reply #88
I was able to reproduce the issue and it should be fixed in the next version.

Thanks for the report.

Reply #89
YYTM seems to always focus on the now playing track and I would like it to focus on the active selection.

Is there a way to control focus?

Reply #90
It wasn't originally added because of incompatibility with video display, which has to follow the nowplaying track. Anyway I've added "Selection Mode" for the next version; it will be available in modes that don't display the video.

Reply #91
your support always goes above and beyond - thanks for adding so much to my FB experience!

Reply #92
Still very much like+use this plugin!
One question: when loading a youtube track via yttm, the youtube playcount is not shown anymore (which I used for an additional filter via the Skip Track plugin).
When loading the same youtube track directly via foo_youtube, the playcount is available, as shown in the comparison of the properties of the identical youtube track below.
Any hint on how to get the playcount as well with the YTTM plugin?

Reply #93
Still very much like+use this plugin!
One question: when loading a youtube track via yttm, the youtube playcount is not shown anymore (which I used for an additional filter via the Skip Track plugin).
When loading the same youtube track directly via foo_youtube, the playcount is available, as shown in the comparison of the properties of the identical youtube track below.
Any hint on how to get the playcount as well with the YTTM plugin?
Forgot my configuration: foobar2000 v1.4.1, JScript Panel v2.1.8, YTTM v3.9.5

Reply #94
I presume you mean the view count, rather than playcount as the only playcount in the pics is 0 in both cases.

View count, and population of the Youtube source fields, is handled by the foo_youtube plugin and so a fix likely requires a bug fix in the foo_youtube plugin itself. For info, there is some difference in handling between loading by YTTM and standard direct loading, i.e. script uses the metadata overriding feature, so artist & title etc are correct, and so the bug likely relates to that. In my tests, the current behaviour is erratic: sometimes view count is present with those sent by YTTM, other times it's missing.

If you really mean view count, then consider pointing 3dyd at this thread to see if it can be fixed.

Reply #95
I presume you mean the view count, rather than playcount as the only playcount in the pics is 0 in both cases.
You are right, I was looking for the view count, not the playcount

View count, and population of the Youtube source fields, is handled by the foo_youtube plugin and so a fix likely requires a bug fix in the foo_youtube plugin itself. For info, there is some difference in handling between loading by YTTM and standard direct loading, i.e. script uses the metadata overriding feature, so artist & title etc are correct, and so the bug likely relates to that. In my tests, the current behaviour is erratic: sometimes view count is present with those sent by YTTM, other times it's missing.

If you really mean view count, then consider pointing 3dyd at this thread to see if it can be fixed.
I will do that

Reply #96
New Version: YouTube Track Manager 4.0.0

NEW: Improved menu options.

NEW: Touch Control (enable: menu > options > mode)***.

NEW: Selection Mode (set: menu > options). N/A in prefer video mode: videos can't follow selected track.

CHG: Playlists: now only created if required.

CHG: Requires Spider Monkey Panel - if you're unfamiliar with it, then it's based on JScript Panel but has a modern Javascript engine. Spider Monkey Panel can be run alongside JScript Panel, & so other panels can continue to run in JScript Panel if you don't have Spider Monkey Panel versions.

*** for an extra scroll experience, if you don't have a touch screen, enable touch control and drag with left mouse button down.

Updating
Panel properties will be reset as its a new panel. Export JScript panel properties or back-up layouts before updating if you want a record. Importing JScript panel properties isn't supported: panel properties have been overhauled & more key options are now on the menu.

Reply #98
Congratulations on releases!

Here is a congratulatory bug report =)
When right-clicking anywhere the following script error occurs:
Code: [Select]
Error: Spider Monkey Panel v1.1.5-beta+63bde4e (YouTube Track Manager v4.0.0 by WilB)
list.blacklist is undefined

File: Panel_YT.js
Line: 3549, Column: 54

Stack trace:
  blacklistMenu@Panel_YT.js:3549:54
  MenuItems/this.rbtn_up@Panel_YT.js:3585:17
  on_mouse_rbtn_up@Panel_YT.js:3752:49

PS: Panel_YT.js is your script.

Reply #99
Thanks for the report.

I couldn't reproduce the issue under normal usage.

However, it looks to me as though the blacklist file has become corrupted and isn't in a valid json format for some reason or another, although I've not seen the script write it incorrectly. I could reproduce the effect by manually editing the blacklist file so it wasn't valid. Can you try deleting fb.ProfilePath\yttm\blacklist.json (or rename if you want to keep it) and see if the issue disappears? If that's what it is, I can add some extra validity checking to stop the script error etc.