Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Problems Connecting To PA / Amp (Read 1424 times) previous topic - next topic

Problems Connecting To PA / Amp

When connecting my laptop to various guitar amps and PA's I've had the same problem each time, I get feedback which seems to be the equivalent of PC background noise. It changes when you open folders and carry out tasks on the laptop...it's as if you can hear the laptop think....I've had this problem when using the onboard laptop chipset, an Audigy2 PCMCIA and an M-Audio FireWire solo....do I need to connect the laptop to a pre-amp or something prior to connecting to any form of amplified speakers or PA? Or is it something to do with cables? Or perhaps I need a very specific type of amplifier for the laptop?

This problem does not occur on typical PC speakers (GigaWorks S750, headphones etc..) so I know the system is working fine...it's just a case of me doing something wrong or missing a required piece of hardware.

Any help is greatly appreciated