Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: EAC Total Fingerprints means? (Read 2365 times) previous topic - next topic

EAC Total Fingerprints means?

Greetings
I ripped my cd today and found "total fingerprints :6"
What is that? Does it tell my cd have fingerprints on it? And does it have any negative effect?
Peak level 100.0 %
     Extraction speed 3.2 X
     Range quality 100.0 %
     Copy CRC 77B13B65
     Copy OK

No errors occurred

AccurateRip summary

Track  1  not present in database
Track  2  not present in database
Track  3  not present in database
Track  4  not present in database
Track  5  not present in database
Track  6  not present in database

None of the tracks are present in the AccurateRip database

End of status report

---- AcoustID Plugin V1.2.0

Total fingerprints: 6

Re: EAC Total Fingerprints means?

Reply #1
Audio fingerprinting is a way (or ways)  to uniquely identify a song.   6 tracks, 6 fingerprints.   Did it identify the songs?  

Although the tracks weren't found in the AccurateRip database, it says, "No Errors, Copy OK", so the odds are it's perfectly OK.

...There's no way for a CD reader of software to recognize actual human fingerprints.    It might get an error, but it has no way of knowing if the error is caused by fingerprints, or a scratch, or some other dirt/damage/defect.