Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Two simple questions about WavPack (Read 5764 times) previous topic - next topic

Two simple questions about WavPack

1. I use EAC...why when creating correction file, it has different name - something like tmp3232.wvc instead of the original filename?..

2. why ripping with EAC and wavpack.exe is not gapless whereas ripping with Speek's frontend is?..

Reply #1
1. I believe that this post still rings true.  I guess something should be added to the wiki page.

2. Speek's frontend is a ripper?  The way I understood it WavPack is always gapless.  Can you elaborate please?
I'm on a horse.

Reply #2
1. I believe that this post still rings true.  I guess something should be added to the wiki page.

thank you for that

2. Speek's frontend is a ripper?  The way I understood it WavPack is always gapless.  Can you elaborate please?
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=370569"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Yeah, i was so excited that I forgot to describe it in details...
Well, the thing is when ripping directly into .WV with EAC - it is not gapless (just checked with another album)...
But if using EAC i first create WAV and then using frontend convert it to .WV, then it works (and the name of correction file is proper as well)...

BTW, i use WaVPack 4.31...

Reply #3
You must have some drive setting wrong in EAC.

Reply #4
I guess something should be added to the wiki page.
Now done.  Feel free to improve, or request changes.
I'm on a horse.

Reply #5
Well, the thing is when ripping directly into .WV with EAC - it is not gapless (just checked with another album)...
But if using EAC i first create WAV and then using frontend convert it to .WV, then it works (and the name of correction file is proper as well)...
EAC rips to WAVE and then passes that to WavPack, just as Speek's frontend would pass a WAVE to WavPack, so there must be something up with your settings.

What command line do you have in the "Additional command line options" text box on the "External Compression" dialogue?

Do you have "Add ID3 tag" checked by any chance?  If so, uncheck it and try again.  EAC is possibly adding an ID3 tag to the end of the file... I've never heard of this, but it makes logical sense as a potential cause of your problem.

Edit: It may be worth taking a look at the wiki page and checking your "External Compression" dialogue against the image shown.  Main points of note are "Add ID3 tag" and "User Defined Encoder".
I'm on a horse.

Reply #6
EAC rips to WAVE and then passes that to WavPack, just as Speek's frontend would pass a WAVE to WavPack, so there must be something up with your settings.

What command line do you have in the "Additional command line options" text box on the "External Compression" dialogue?

Do you have "Add ID3 tag" checked by any chance?  If so, uncheck it and try again.  EAC is possibly adding an ID3 tag to the end of the file... I've never heard of this, but it makes logical sense as a potential cause of your problem.

Edit: It may be worth taking a look at the wiki page and checking your "External Compression" dialogue against the image shown.  Main points of note are "Add ID3 tag" and "User Defined Encoder".
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=370585"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Beleive or not, but I found the problem...
I had in EAC in Extraction Settings "Use Offset Correction For Encoding" checked...
now it is fine...
thank you all so much for helping me out...

Reply #7
You must have some drive setting wrong in EAC.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=370580"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

i was just trying to figure out what your setting mean...
i use -b320xmc...what is the difference?..

p.s. i a newbie, so don't be beat me hard...

Reply #8
I guess something should be added to the wiki page.
Now done.  Feel free to improve, or request changes.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=370582"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Synthetic Soul, thanks so much for updating that! I have been meaning to for months (especially because I link to it from my site) but I never got around to it. Now I'm glad I didn't because you did a much better job than I could have...