Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_customdb: Custom Database (Read 79108 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_customdb: Custom Database

Reply #100
After reinstalling foobar I found out that custom fields and actions are not saved in the theme back up (.fcl). Fortunately I took notes of what I had done and was able to restore everything, but I wonder if it is possible to save them some how.
I'm late

Reply #101
like all components which are not layout related and have settings accessed through the main preferences, there is a .cfg file for it inside the configuration folder.

Reply #102
like all components which are not layout related and have settings accessed through the main preferences, there is a .cfg file for it inside the configuration folder.

Thanks. So, can I just copy and overwrite the .cfg file in the new configuration folder?
I'm late

Reply #103

Thanks. So, can I just copy and overwrite the .cfg file in the new configuration folder?

Alright, I tried it with another component and it works.
I'm late

Re: foo_customdb: Custom Database

Reply #104
foo_customdb still regularly crashes during titleformatting queries, so I spent the weekend looking into the foobar2000 SDK.

I managed to rig up a proof-of-concept component that can query the SQLite database inside metadb_display_field_provider.process_field without crashing (knock on wood).  Unfortunately, I'm seeing a LOT of SQLite 21 errors with my alternate titleformatting field as I open and close the database inside process_field, but they do not appear to affect the integrity of titleformatting search results as I have occasionally seen with foo_customdb's titleformatting field.

I suspect foo_customdb's crashes may be a result of not using sqlite3_column_bytes() to find the size of the previous call to sqlite3_column_text() as described on https://www.sqlite.org/c3ref/column_blob.html

Reply #105
I can't wait for the results. I've been waiting years for a proper replacement of custom_db, nothing comes close.

Reply #106
I am bumping this topic to bring you an upload of the original plugin. For me, on Foobar2000 1.6.2, it works great.
The plugin is, otherwise, unavailable anywhere on the internet. Like, I've searched far and wide and found no backup of the plugin. Fortunately, a current user of the plugin uploaded it for me! So, without further ado...

foo_customdb download:
MEGA (315KB - version 0.0.9a)
Bottom of this post...

Please note that this plugin is known for crashing and it is why it is unavailable on the plugin section of the main site. Use carefully!
Installation: Drop folder in the ZIP archive in C:\Users\(username)\AppData\Roaming\foobar2000\user-components\. That is all. As for further usage, that is not up to me.

Reply #107
Hi,
haven't used this component myself but I once downloaded it and have the following version:
https://1drv.ms/u/s!AuEB3lLByG7J0GwPbjgB4p573wiH?e=1GtMQT
It seems a bit newer when you watch the creation date inside the EXE header (found e.g. by ExeInfoPE). Interestingly the version appearing in its readme is a bit strange but I know nothing about development of this component, just providing you with this version as-is.

Reply #108
One of these was more prone to crashing foobar and I'm afraid it's the newer one.