Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Pregap DSP - not working - tips? (Read 1205 times) previous topic - next topic

Pregap DSP - not working - tips?

Hello,

I have the new PS Audio DirectStream DAC with the latest Snowmass release (as of Nov 12, 2018).  The DAC and new software release is fantastic BTW.  Something really special.

Ted, the designer, put in a short volume ramp up from 0 to avoid pops/cracks when the digital stream format changes.   I found Pregap DSP to introduce some silence while the ramp up occurs so I don't hear it.   However, Pregap DSP is not working for me.

Get Pregap DSP Here

Any tips for getting it to work?  I am running all the latest: Foobar v1.4, Pregap DSP v1.0.2.  I went into DSP Manager and activated it, then checked the boxes in the Tools/Pregap DSP.... restarted Foobar.... nothing, no effect.  

To trigger Pregap, I am playing a high bitstream DSD file from 2l, followed by AC/DC Girls Got Rythm.  Jarring, yes I know.  But the AC/DC tune starts immediately with no gap.  The Pregap delay is not working.

Any help?

Thanx
Bruce in Philly

Re: Pregap DSP - not working - tips?

Reply #1
DSPs don't work with direct DSD playback. Nor do pretty much any of the features for manipulating the audio data.

Re: Pregap DSP - not working - tips?

Reply #2
DSPs don't work with direct DSD playback. Nor do pretty much any of the features for manipulating the audio data.

Bummer..... thanx for the info.   Any tips on how to achieve what I want to achieve?  

So just to reiterate, I am playing a DSD file followed by a 44.1 WAV

Peace
Bruce in Philly