Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Burrrn 1.06 (Read 68929 times) previous topic - next topic

Burrrn 1.06

A new version of the "most-user-friendly-audio-burrrning-soft"™  is available.

What's new:
    - updated cdrdao.exe in the packages with the one from burnatonce with SPTI support (big thanks to Jamie and thop from www.burnatonce.com), should fix all those ASPI problems
    - WavPack support
    - OptimFROG support
    - ReplayGain support via WaveGain (thanks to John Edwards and David Robinson)
    - added a (really) simple cue sheet editor, called... ta-da... CUEditor! (ehm...)
    - added "Copy List To Clipboard" right click function
    - added Swedish, Polish, Hungarian and Catalan language (thanks to magic75, Krzysztof 'Fraxinus' Walczewski, Arek MZ (Arqs), Tomasz Bystrzyński, DirektX and Jesus Moreno)

http://www.apehaus.com/burrrn/

Burrrn 1.06

Reply #1
Great work...always liked Burrrn a lot 

I'm also more happy due to the fact that this might start some work going with MAC and the long requested features

Burrrn 1.06

Reply #2
Gambit, is there any chance Burrrn supports the FLAGS 4 CH (or whatever the equivalent is in TOC notation...) parameter, for four-channel WAVs?

- M.

Burrrn 1.06

Reply #3
Minor suggestion. Use the Windows system-wide TEMP variable for the default temp directory.
Everything I've learned about space, I've learned from psytrance.

Burrrn 1.06

Reply #4
1.Any chance of ever implementing a totally reorderable burrrn-list?
(preferably not like the one in burnatonce... those up/down buttons aren't
very practical imho... how about click n' drag?)
2.Is overburning enabled by default?
Wanna buy a monkey?

Burrrn 1.06

Reply #5
Any chance to implement gapless decoding of MP3 a la foobar2000?

This could be helpful (and could us to skip a step during MP3 burning).

Thanks.
I'm the one in the picture, sitting on a giant cabbage in Mexico, circa 1978.
Reseñas de Rock en Español: www.estadogeneral.com

Burrrn 1.06

Reply #6
2.Is overburning enabled by default?

Yes, it is.
--
pozdr.
yq

Burrrn 1.06

Reply #7
Gambit, is there any chance Burrrn supports the FLAGS 4 CH (or whatever the equivalent is in TOC notation...) parameter, for four-channel WAVs?

What's that? More info please

1.Any chance of ever implementing a totally reorderable burrrn-list?
(preferably not like the one in burnatonce... those up/down buttons aren't
very practical imho... how about click n' drag?)

Will be in next version.

Any chance to implement gapless decoding of MP3 a la foobar2000?

This could be helpful (and could us to skip a step during MP3 burning).

You have to ask DEATH if he makes it available outside of foobar. But my hope is that LAME will hopefully support gapless decoding. We should prolly ask Gabriel...
(And no, I won't say that mp3 ist death, and you should use mpc )

Oh, and btw. this version has unoficiall shorten support, it will show wrong duration, but you can burrrn them.

Burrrn 1.06

Reply #8
Any Chance to get AAC Support?

I am starting to encode with Nero AAC in m4a Containers and it would be nice if I can burn these files with Burrrn too...

edit: I see it supports AAC but it doesn't support my m4a files 

Burrrn 1.06

Reply #9
Is it possible to download zip package as before,couse i can see only installer version.Thanks

Burrrn 1.06

Reply #10
Is it possible to download zip package as before,couse i can see only installer version.Thanks

I have uploaded only the installer for this version to make sure everybody gets the new cdrdao.exe with SPTI support.

But I'll upload a zip only tomorow, atleast I can include the foobar playlist support I forgot to enable in 1.06.

Burrrn 1.06

Reply #11
Burrrn 1.07

What's new:
    - fpl (foobar2000 playlist) support
    - mp4 support
    - configurable ReplayGain
    - new function in CUEditor - Split Into Tracks

http://www.apehaus.com/burrrn/

Also the Windows temp folder is used by default. The reordering is not yet implemented, I didn't expect to release a new version so soon, so it will be in 1.08.

Burrrn 1.06

Reply #14
thx a lot Gambit!
Allegari nihil et allegatum non probare, paria sunt.

Burrrn 1.06

Reply #15
How about ID3 support?

Great program by the way. Much better than Winamp Disk Writer -> Nero.

Except you could play the tracks in Winamp. Maybe you should add that function; just have a button that opens up the selected track in audio player of user's choice.
Everything I've learned about space, I've learned from psytrance.

Burrrn 1.06

Reply #16
Gambit, could I make a feature request?

One thing is stopping me from ditching CDRWin for Burrrn, the lack of an "open new session" option.  Quite often I write audio discs with a second session containing mp3s etc.  The latter can be done in Nero, but only if a second session is opened immediately after writing the lead out of the first session etc etc.  I'm sure you know this.

Would adding such an option be possible?  I would be surprised if CDRDAO couldn't do it...

Many thanks for this excellent little app.

-chis
www.chis.nildram.co.uk

Burrrn 1.06

Reply #17
I would like to request a possibly useful feature: The ability to make an mp3/other format cd for a portable. This would mean, of course, that the program would have to transcode to that format before burning a data CD. Now.. I realise that this may be too new a direction for Burrn, so if any burnatonce guys see this, look into it please!   

Here are some properties that such a feature should probably have...

-Ability to rename files according to tags for easy display on portable lcds.
-Ability to burn cds for multi-codec portables (i.e. selectable supported codecs so that these do not get transcoded).
-Ability to create folder structures from tags.
-Maybe: Ability to undo mp3gain for mp3s - for underpowered portables / power-hungry headphones.

I expect more could be done with this... if anyone wants to do it, of course. It'd just make burning disks for portables a hell of a lot easier if your music isn't all in the format your portable supports. Come to think of it, maybe someone could make a foobar plugin that linked it up with bao or burrn - maybe a 'diskwriter.' Something that doesn't use nero anyway... Ah.. the possibilities. And no, I havn't the first clue about how to do any of this, except in vb  , and then I don't have the second clue... if you see what I mean. I just thought I'd float this idea where it might be useful and run away.

Burrrn 1.06

Reply #18
Hmmm. Now that I finally figured out the correct EAC offset values for my drive..... (and I don't even know if this "offset correction" really does make a "real world" difference as such...). But what I'm slowly getting 'round to hinting at is; seems only EAC's own burner (which some people claims are not optimal) and PlexTools have offset corrected burning implemented - could this be implemented in Burrrn and would it be practical...? Burrrn is a very nice program, easy and simple and you can just drag the cuesheet for your ape+cue or flac+cue or whatever onto it and burrrn baby burrrn! 
"ONLY THOSE WHO ATTEMPT THE IMPOSSIBLE WILL ACHIEVE THE ABSURD"
        - Oceania Association of Autonomous Astronauts

Burrrn 1.06

Reply #19
No, probably not in Burrrn, but it could be implemented in cdrdao, which is the commandline program that Burrrn uses to burn CD:s. This is however not developed by Gambit.

And no, the offsets are not that important. Especially not write offsets wich are usually (?) much smaller than the read offsets. The worst read offset I heard of was ~2000 samples, meaning 2000/44100 s ~= 1/20 s = 0.05 s.

Burrrn 1.06

Reply #20
OK 
Well, well.... (sob, sob  )it's just that I have finally figured it out so that my rips are currently offset corrected, so it would have been nice to be able to write offset corrected CD's too, with a tool I like, like Burrn or Feurio.... (I must confess that i don't think much of EAC cd-writer)....

Another feature that would have been nifty  :
If Burrrn would read embedded cuesheets from apes and flacs so that you could just drag'n'drop such a file onto Burrrn and burrrn baby burrrn! without having to extract the cuesheet first.....
"ONLY THOSE WHO ATTEMPT THE IMPOSSIBLE WILL ACHIEVE THE ABSURD"
        - Oceania Association of Autonomous Astronauts

Burrrn 1.06

Reply #21
I LOVE Burrrn just the way it is.

Even though my drives (<spam>Plextor</Spam>) work with EAC..
As soon as I found Burrrn I fell in love with its simplicity & soon after uninstalled bao.
Now I use it for almost all of my CD-DA needs.

Gambit, you are a great man.

Thanks, tec

Burrrn 1.06

Reply #22
(I must confess that i don't think much of EAC cd-writer)....

I never found any reason to mistrust EAC's built-in burning routine so far ...
The name was Plex The Ripper, not Jack The Ripper

Burrrn 1.06

Reply #23
I never found any reason to mistrust EAC's built-in burning routine so far ...

I have one coaster to prove that's not as reliable as, say, burnatonce...
Wanna buy a monkey?

Burrrn 1.06

Reply #24
I have one coaster to prove that's not as reliable as, say, burnatonce...

What type of coaster?

Please specify ...
The name was Plex The Ripper, not Jack The Ripper