Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: GRACENOTE CDDB (Read 5308 times) previous topic - next topic

GRACENOTE CDDB

Ok, Well shout out to admin n stuff! Nice to see a GOOD audio forum for a change!
Well i use allot of Hip Hop Mixtapes and stuff like that which the EAC database barley ever picks up! I mean im luck if it find 1 out of 15 mixtapes!
But nearly every mixtape i load up in itunes has all the Cd info!
Now i love the EAC encoder and dont want to use itunes to do that! But i cant be doing the whole manual typing in thing thats crazy! most mixtapes have like 50 tracks [i got like 30 with 100 or more tracks on them].
Now i know itunes uses gracenote as its main database which is huge!
Please help how do i use the data i get from itunes and then convert with EAC?
I tried looking for public acses to gracenote but thats no option!

Cheers all [if u reply  ]

GRACENOTE CDDB

Reply #1
Ok, Well shout out to admin n stuff! Nice to see a GOOD audio forum for a change!
Well i use allot of Hip Hop Mixtapes and stuff like that which the EAC database barley ever picks up! I mean im luck if it find 1 out of 15 mixtapes!
Now i love the EAC encoder and dont want to use itunes to do that! But i cant be doing the whole manual typing in thing thats crazy! most mixtapes have like 50 tracks [i got like 30 with 100 or more tracks on them].

[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=296248"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I don't think that it is possible for EAC to use the Gracenote database. It uses the freecddb one because is open and public.

If it's not by means of hacking EAC, I don't think it is possible at all.

Regards,
Okinawa Joe ®

GRACENOTE CDDB

Reply #2
What about just using the data i get from itunes to use on EAC??
Dam EAC why is thier no flawless software, and free Supermodels for sex handing out cheeseburgers? Dam this world.....

GRACENOTE CDDB

Reply #3

[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

As okinawa_joe has said Gracenote is not 'free' as such, and so apps that use it have to pay for the privelege.  This means you then have to pay for (in one way or another) the apps that use it.  Hence, Freedb is used by most free apps. 

What you could do is this:
(1) Use EAC to rip your music to lossy or lossless files that are untagged and un-named.
(2) Use a tagger like [a href="http://www.mp3tag.de/en/]Mp3tag[/url] that can look at more than just Freedb to retrieve tagging info.  See this Mp3tag thread for this functionality: http://www.anytag.de/forums/index.php?showtopic=1794
(3) Hopefully get the info you want (as you can use Discogs you should be in luck - they have a very good hip hop database), then tag your files.
(4) Then convert the tags to filenames.

Now I know it's not as useful as doing it in one go like iTunes will do, but it's not as bad as typing it in by hand.  Although, you'll be doing a service to all those other peeps that have these mixtapes but find no info in Freedb.

GRACENOTE CDDB

Reply #4
You can use Player to get info from Gracenote, then export the info to cdplayer.ini. Then you can import that info from cdplayer.ini to EAC.
"ONLY THOSE WHO ATTEMPT THE IMPOSSIBLE WILL ACHIEVE THE ABSURD"
        - Oceania Association of Autonomous Astronauts

GRACENOTE CDDB

Reply #5
Then again, I pressume that you should just use iTunes, instead of going thru all these complications.

iTunes is not regarded as good as EAC when it comes to quality, but it is much better than others (like Easy CD-DA Extractor IMO). It offers Gracenote CDDB like you need, has secure ripping options, etc... you can even configure it to LAME things for you.

Regards,
Okinawa Joe ®

GRACENOTE CDDB

Reply #6
What about just using the data i get from itunes to use on EAC??
Dam EAC why is thier no flawless software, and free Supermodels for sex handing out cheeseburgers? Dam this world.....
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=296254"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I definitely agree on the supermodel thingie ... I might disagree on iTunes' capabilities, but that is of minor interest when supermodels are around, I guess ...
The name was Plex The Ripper, not Jack The Ripper

GRACENOTE CDDB

Reply #7
Thanks for all posts peops will get on with it now and see what i can get upto!

GRACENOTE CDDB

Reply #8
You can use Player to get info from Gracenote, then export the info to cdplayer.ini. Then you can import that info from cdplayer.ini to EAC.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=296267"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
I second this idea ... it works flawlessly.

Regards,
Madrigal

GRACENOTE CDDB

Reply #9
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=296267"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
I second this idea ... it works flawlessly.

Regards,
Madrigal
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=296388"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

same here.  this is what i do.
a windows-free, linux user since 1/31/06.

GRACENOTE CDDB

Reply #10
Player is a nice option but i was wondering if there is a downloadabe cddb anywhere? not freedb

or has anyone setup a webby with individuls databases to download, maybe for 56k users?