Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Bug in %discnumber%/%totaldiscs% mapping? (Read 1350 times) previous topic - next topic

Bug in %discnumber%/%totaldiscs% mapping?

Hi, as I was experimenting with APE tags mapping, I ran into a bug(?) that was already noted by rodrigomartinho. Since it was in a middle of a different thread and with not as much details I will recap here.

Problem concerns APE tags only (ID3 are fine, others aren't tested yet).

Saving DISCNUMBER and TOTALDISCS in foobar2000 works just fine, it saves to DISC as default. Problem arises when other application saves these fields - to DISCNUMBER instead of DISC. Then %discnumber% reads whole DISCNUMBER field (not only the part before the slash) and %totaldiscs% refers to second part of DISC. First part of DISC is unretrievable by any method, neither %disc% nor $meta(DISC). See screenshot below.

My proposal is
1. Repair the bug identified on the screenshot. It looks like under circumstances where both DISCNUMBER and DISC exist, %discnumber% and %totaldiscs% are remapped differently.
2. Let user choose to prefer DISCNUMBER or DISC. DISCNUMBER as a field name is more logical (retrieving the field of the same name is expected), is cohesive with Vorbis Comment Field Recommendations (closest to APE Keys) and is preferred by other utilities too. Right now it's not possible to edit DISCNUMBER as it always gets remapped to DISC.

EDIT: corrected misinformation about recommendation at APE Keys and subsequent conclusions in this regard. Sorry.