Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Masstagger: rename files with "_" instead of "-" (Read 1181 times) previous topic - next topic

Masstagger: rename files with "_" instead of "-"

Hi there!

Please, would anyone know if Masstagger can rename files by replacing "/" in the tags with "_" (underline), instead of "-"?

Thanks in advance!

Re: Masstagger: rename files with "_" instead of "-"

Reply #1
I happen to know. Masstagger is a tagging component and it can't rename files at all. And you can't override illegal filename character replacement rules with the built-in File Operations component. But you can with Renamer component.

Reply #2
That's all I needed to know and have!

Thank you very much, @Case !!!

Reply #3
A question: what is "Normalize Unicode"??

Reply #4
Unicode allows multiple ways to represent same character. For example "ä" can be stored as just "ä" or as a combination of "a" and "¨". The C-form normalization changes all unicode characters to be presented in the same simplest form. This prevents having duplicate copies of the same file and for some characters, such as the example ä, can mean ability to retain Ansi compatibility.

There was a case here on the forums where someone used Mac to create an m3u playlist and the system stored ä in the complex format making m3u playlist unable to access the file. This case was one of the reasons that triggered me to create this component and I use the C normalization form for everything.

The KC form is compatibility form, it will alter characters to simpler versions. You probably don't want to use it.

Reply #5
What a cool! This component is much better than I needed! I am very satisfied!

Thanks a lot!

Reply #6
Another question: what should I add in the "Exclude" field?

Reply #7
Leave it blank normally. I recall it was a requested feature to add the option but I seem unable to find the related topic. The feature allows you to enter a search query string and tracks that match the query will be left unprocessed.

Reply #8
Dear @Case

Thank you very much!

I used to use the excellent TagScanner to make these changes to the audio files. The program has elegant and interesting features for that purpose, but your component is perfectly capable of completely replacing it - with honor to the merit. And the default configuration is perfect.

I am fully satisfied! Thank you for your dedication to this topic and for the indispensable component you have created!