Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: [TOS 5] Foobar and AAC (Read 831 times) previous topic - next topic - Topic derived from Can Foobar display th...

[TOS 5] Foobar and AAC

I am surprised that people are still using foobar.   I tested it 17 years ago and wasn't impressed.

Does it work on Android,  have 10 second,  1 minute,  10 minute navigation buttons,  does it play XHE-AAC,  will it remember my place in a 38 hour audio file if the power should suddenly go out or any other playback interruption,  can it play back tracks in the correct order of an audio book based on the file structure and name (audiobook/author/book/tracknumber-title.ext) , does it offer eq and other sound enhancement,  and yes, real-time bitrate is essential to understand how efficient the codec vbr is on every passenge,  along with tag.    The bitrate, eq,  playing with album art are more luxuries,  while the first few requirements are essential.

Yeah,  I found that the old Winamp interface on windows gave me the best ui experience.   I use jet audio and a few plug-ins on Android for music,  which is awesome.   I use Alex software Smart audio book player after many hours of panicking, because no player could play audio book tracks in the correct order, or remember my place in the audio file on power interruption or other sudden long-term playback interruption.   Bluetooth key resume is important too..... As far as desktop goes,  I  seldom listen to audio on a laptop or desktop,  except for testing.   Back in 2009, I used Ubuntu 9 to revive an outdated laptop that I could connect to the TV and stereo for internet radio. But Ubuntu force upgraded and the bloated OS no longer fit onto the hard rive.  By then, I switched to the Roku for internet radio. It took me 2 days to get Ubuntu installed and recognize the wireless card.   Not one of the 3 page guides worked.  I finally figured out that there was a  package that I could download in the repo that allowed the windows driver to be used.  I think called windows wireless drivers.    This logically would have been included, except for ideological grounds that including it would discourage hardware makers from writing a Linux driver.   Took me 16 hours to stumble on this, and a lot of dead ends.