Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Feature request: Play folder (Read 1788 times) previous topic - next topic

Feature request: Play folder

I would very, very much like to be able to browse and click "Play" in some way, to play media files in a folder and it's subfolders. Tap and hold to get up a sub menu seems like a good choice, but a menu/selection when you open the folder would work perfectly well also.

Re: Feature request: Play folder

Reply #1
+1
The most needed feature.

Reply #2
Another +1

I think this could and should be expanded to incorporate a dynamic playlist. That is, a playlist created "on the fly". Rockbox does this and it is so useful.

Links:
Rockbox > Working With Playlists
Rockbox > The Playlist Submenu

If this playlist addition is not relevant for this specific feature, then let me know and I'll create a new feature request.

Reply #3
+1

Reply #4
+1
The option to play media files in a folder and it's subfolders (preferable with shuffle option) is the last thing I need to make this my default music player. For now I need other players to do so..

Reply #5
+1

Reply #6
I am not shure what you want but for me it works perfect.

I can click on a folder and hold it for a second.
Choose "Create New Playlist"
All Files from the folder and subfolder are in this playlist.
Now i can play this files in shuffle or what ever.

For me just would be nice to be able to choose an existing playlist not only a new playlist or the last one.

Greez
Peter
Warning: fb2k is addictive.