Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Real-time noise reduction software? (Read 17918 times) previous topic - next topic

Real-time noise reduction software?

I was wondering, is there some software that automatically removes noise in real-time? Say, I connect my CB Radio to line-in, start an application and get rid of the background white noise  Or maybe the big audio editor suites can do that in real-time too, like Adobe Audition (I really liked its Adaptive Noise Reduction effect)?

Thanks in advance

Reply #1
I was wondering, is there some software that automatically removes noise in real-time? Say, I connect my CB Radio to line-in, start an application and get rid of the background white noise  Or maybe the big audio editor suites can do that in real-time too, like Adobe Audition (I really liked its Adaptive Noise Reduction effect)?

Thanks in advance

I'm not sure you'd be able to get good noise reduction in real-time without latency issues. Noise reduction software typically looks at big chunks of samples, say 4096 (or more), at a time, so there is 4096 samples of latency (around 1/10th of a second with a 44.1kHz sampling rate.)

Reply #2
Such latency would be negligible with my use in mind...

Reply #5
I think Cedar Audio is still the technical leader in this field. I played with DNS3000 real-time noise suppressor at the AES show this fall. Magic audio shit (in a good way).

Reply #6
I think Cedar Audio is still the technical leader in this field. I played with DNS3000 real-time noise suppressor at the AES show this fall. Magic audio shit (in a good way).

We had a demo of Cedar Audio at work this last spring and it was truly impressive. But with a $30,000+ price tag, impressive should be in the description.