Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: EAC and metadata (Read 1695 times) previous topic - next topic

EAC and metadata

Hi all,

I'm a new member of this forum. This day I encounter a problem with EAC, which I use without problem since more than 10 years I think, either for mp3 and flac compression, with very nice results and complete metadata. But today, without knowing why, without any change of my part in the configuration of the software, some important columns of the metadata in the mainpage of EAC don't show up. They just vanished.

I have : Track, Title, Artist correctly filled, as well as Start, Length, Gap, Size, Comp. Size etc...

But it miss : Album artist and album. As you can see on the image attached, the columns themselves are not there.

I tried to change my usual stettings, but nothing happened. I delete the software and install it again, Album artist et Album are still missing, whatever the CD I put in, and whatever the data provider I choose. When I compress some files, these metadata are also missing in the details of the files.

Is there someone here with some deep knowledge of EAC who could help me ?

Thank you for your help,
microlog

Re: EAC and metadata

Reply #1
I'm not sure I understand correctly, however, the columns may still be there but just not displayed, Try pointing the mouse at a separator between the two columns and drag the column separator. This may expose a column that has zero displayed width. Alternatively, maximizing the window may also result in a wider view of all the columns.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?  ;~)

Reply #2

Thanks 2tec for your answer. Yes I tried this also, but there is no columns hided. And even if there were just hide, the corresponding informations will appears on the details of the compressed files, which is not the case.

(by the way I'm french, so please excuse my mistakes that may occur on english language, especially on conjugation).

Reply #3
But it miss : Album artist and album. As you can see on the image attached, the columns themselves are not there.
In your attached image, look at the "CD information" above the "Track information" window. CD Title = %albumtitle% = "Le monde entre mes bras", CD Artist = %albumartist% = "Romain Didier".

I tried to change my usual stettings, but nothing happened. I delete the software and install it again, Album artist et Album are still missing, whatever the CD I put in, and whatever the data provider I choose. When I compress some files, these metadata are also missing in the details of the files.
Could you provide details of the External Compression Options you're using?
korth