Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: QMP3Gain (Read 1962 times) previous topic - next topic

QMP3Gain

Does this program actually work and can it be used to control playback volume it just sits there on my screen doesn't respond or allow me to do a thing mp3gain was more user friendly but didn't work at all songs always playing at different volume levels

Re: QMP3Gain

Reply #1
I've never tried QMP3Gain but the description implies it uses the original MP3Gain algorithm.
Description

Graphical user interface front end supporting MP3Gain engine which analyzes and losslessly adjusts MP3 files to a specified target volume. A complete re-creation (made in QT4) of the original MP3Gain GUI, however it can be run on more platforms.

I'd say MP3Gain/ReplayGain works very well on about 90% of my music library.

mp3gain was more user friendly but didn't work at all songs always playing at different volume levels
Did you change the default target volume level?    i.e., If you increase the target volume (and if you don't allow clipping) you're not giving it as much room to work and it may not have any affect on many tracks.

MP3Gain (and ReplayGain, etc.) can't be "perfect" because different people will judge loudness differently...   It's probably impossible to match the volume of Metallica and Beethoven.     And, some songs are very dynamic with quiet parts and loud parts so you can't match the volume of  the whole song.