Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_wlm (Read 174215 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_wlm

My first attempt at a plugin .
Let's hope I compiled it correctly such that it works.

foobar2000 1.0 and above: Download v1.1.8a (25th Feb 2011)
foobar2000 0.95 (No longer updated): Download Removed (21st September 2009)

You may use the following titleformatting variables in your PSM:
  • %streamname%
  • %isstream% - Usage Example: $if(%isstream%, 'is stream', 'not stream')

For people who do not have WMP and want to use this plugin: Read this post for a workaround (Thanks Niels!)

Important Note:
As WLM has apparently forced a "%title% - %artist%" format on your contact list from Windows Live Messenger 2009 (WLM 14.x) onwards, changes have been made from V 1.1.0 to work around this. However, this doesn't follow WMP's format/standard. Additionally, on this plugin, you are recommended to have a " - " (that is a space dash space) in your custom media format.

If that pattern isn't used, there will be an additional dash behind your message. Do note that this only happens on your contact list and not in the convos.

With Dash Pattern in WLM 2009 (WLM 14.x):
Without Dash Pattern in WLM 2009 (WLM 14.x):

----

For those who do not want a PSM to be displayed when you pause your track, use the following TF (editable in preferences -> WLM):
Code: [Select]
$if(%ispaused%,,%title% '-' %artist%)
:)

foo_wlm

Reply #1
Thanks for making this!

It's simple and to the point.

foo_wlm

Reply #2
It's smaller than foo_msnalt, Great!

foo_wlm

Reply #3
Nice, but we already have a nice working plugin for that?

However, I'd like to put a feature request then:

Make the display picture show the current albumart. If no albumart is available it should just not change a thing. This is already possible with another plugin, I think made by Acropolis, but when no albumart is available, the display picture is completely disabled.
Can't wait for a HD-AAC encoder :P

foo_wlm

Reply #4
Excellent plugin. For me it's better then foo_msnalt because it properly displays artist and title of a song played on an internet radio.

foo_wlm

Reply #5
Nice, but we already have a nice working plugin for that?

However, I'd like to put a feature request then:

Make the display picture show the current albumart. If no albumart is available it should just not change a thing. This is already possible with another plugin, I think made by Acropolis, but when no albumart is available, the display picture is completely disabled.

Well, my intentions were to keep things as simple as possible for this plugin. But this should possible and if I do have the time I may just embark on this .

I'm having my exams in less than a fortnights time, so I won't have time to add this. Also, my higher priority now is to get my web portfolio working .

@the rest:
Thanks for the compliments

foo_wlm

Reply #6
Cool component! simpler than foo_msnalt, and it can be deactivated easily. thanks n0obie4life
we was young an' full of beans

foo_wlm

Reply #7
Well-done! I was thinking of hacking foo_msnalt to do exactly this. This is an excellent example of how to do a foobar2000 component properly, as far as I can see!

foo_wlm

Reply #8
Hmm looks great but for some reason when I try to use it foobar gives me this message:

Failed to load DLL: foo_wlm.dll
Reason: This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem.

foo_wlm

Reply #9
Hmm looks great but for some reason when I try to use it foobar gives me this message:

Failed to load DLL: foo_wlm.dll
Reason: This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem.

Yep, same error here, except I get the message in Korean.

Do I need the .NET Framework? I've got 1.1 and 2.0.

foo_wlm

Reply #11
Do I need the .NET Framework? I've got 1.1 and 2.0.
No, you need the VC++ 2008 SP1 runtime. Of course, if the plugin was linked against the static version of the runtime, this problem wouldn't exist.

Ah interesting, I'll link it against the runtime if I find the time to figure out how to later.

Is it recommended to do so anyway? Won't it make the file size significantly larger?

foo_wlm

Reply #12
It makes the compiled .dll bigger, yes, but it saves people from having to download the 4MB redist package if they don't happen to already have the VC++ runtimes installed. The size increase to the component, on the other hand, is usually a couple hundred kB at most.

foo_wlm

Reply #13
Thx for this nice plugin. The foo_msnalt.dll version I used until now stopped working with fb2k 0.9.6 beta 1 ("Failed to load and needs to be recompiled") but this one works great.

foo_wlm

Reply #14
thanks... works with the new foobar too

foo_wlm

Reply #15
Thanks. Great plugin.

foo_wlm

Reply #16
Thank for cool plugin

foo_wlm

Reply #17
Thanks a lot for a MSN plugin that works on Foobar2000 0.9.6 beta 5!!

foo_wlm

Reply #18
Very nice! foo_msnalt does not work with the new foobar2000 beta versions, but this one does -- thank you very n0obie4life!

foo_wlm

Reply #19
nice plugin.
thanks

foo_wlm

Reply #20
Very nice! foo_msnalt does not work with the new foobar2000 beta versions, but this one does -- thank you very n0obie4life!

Working version of foo_msnalt: http://www.snapdrive.net/qs/49d639be8269 
Compiled/hacked together by Case

edit:
Original link: http://www.saunalahti.fi/~cse/foobar2000/foo_msnalt.zip
(If you dont want to download some random file by some random person )
Foobar2000 @ Onkyo SE-90PCI @ Sennheiser HD595 :)

foo_wlm

Reply #21
works great on v0.9.6! gotta put this on the wiki page.... srsly!

foo_wlm

Reply #24
For those who do not want a PSM to be displayed when you pause your track, use the following TF (editable in preferences -> WLM):

Code: [Select]
$if(%ispaused%,,%title% '-' %artist%)